VIII. Lucas

...................(Lucas)...............
I don't remember the day when I knew that I liked her or loved her.

I just knew that I liked her. We're still young and immature, and yes, I know that. But please tell me what I feel for Melissa isn't true? Cause it is.

I hate myself for being so stupid and foolish. But I can't help it when it comes to Melissa.

One day I came to Thelmesium to welcome the newbies if there were some. I'm the Captain of Archery and Hiro, in swordsman, Reyver in Nunchucks, and Steph in daggers.

Yes, Steph is a girl. We, Captains, are chosen for our skills and how we handle the pack.

All Captains know and respect each other. We practice alliance and unity, not war.

"So? How's the newbie?" This new girl exclaimed.

"Not bad, not bad. But you're here to learn, not to boast. Now, everyone back to practicing." But this girl is good.

"Hey, where do you think you're going, Love?" I said as I saw her walking away. I stopped her midway with my magic. Some attitude, I see.

"Who are you?" I smirked at her question.

"Captain Lucas Brook, archery. I'll be the one helping you in your weapons classes. Feel free to ask me anything, m'lady." I said and smiled.

"I'm done here."

"Nah--ahh, I will give you a task for your class in weapons." Oh, no, you don't, m'lady Love. I'm your Captain, so you must follow my orders.

They see me as a strict Captain. Well, I'm not a Captain for nothing.

I want to aim at the right target. But wherever I put it... Melissa's always the one who's at the end of my arrow.

That's love. It's like a mystery everybody could solve.

I was ahead of them for a year, but I made friends like them. Like, dude, I'm older than them. But sometimes I'm skeptical if they know that cause they treat me as someone at their age.

"Can you stop?!" I froze at the voices I was hearing.

"Stop what?! I'm not doing anything?!" What are they yelling at each other? I'm here at Seldron Garden.

"Can you stop chasing me?! Can you stop being pathetic?! Can you stop saying you love me?" His voice came from aggressive and slowly became soft and begging. What does he want now?!

I was not surprised when Melissa splashed water on Reyver. He deserves it!

I saw Melissa lowered her face, and I knew that tears were flowing in her eyes by now.

I slowly walked toward her. I've seen the things she did for Reyver, and it hurts me more seeing her cry.

I hugged her. 'Can't it be me?' Words I wanted to ask.

The rain started pouring as Melissa's sobs got more muscular, and her grip became tighter.

"I'll always be here," I whispered to her. I don't know if she heard it, though.

What can I do in this kind of situation?

I was busy with my studies when that night happened. The night I confessed everything, she knew what my feelings were for her.

"Lucas," I looked at Melissa, who called.

"Yes?"

"Let's talk," she said as I obligately followed her. We're at the Seldron garden, and I'm patiently looking at her.

"I don't want to give you false hope, Lucas. You know that I like him, right? Please, don't make it hard for me; we've known each other forever; I don't want to hurt you." She sincerely said. I chuckled at her, pretending that it didn't hurt.

"Why are you laughing?!" I rubbed her hair.

"Don't worry. But I will always be here." Then I chuckled this time.

After that 'closure,' I think—no more awkward aura between us.

I'm helping Preston at the Greenmarket from time to time. And now I'm here, helping.

Fruits ✔️
Medicines ✔️
Veggies ✔️

Everything's ready. I need to get this to the Cafeteria's storage. It's Preston's task most of the time, but since I'm here, I insisted. Preston is a friend and a batch of mine too.

When I was about to return, the rain started pouring hard.

"Sh*t, talk about timing," I murmured. I run towards the training room since that's the only place close enough to where I am.

My eyebrow creased. "What are you guys doing here?" I saw Melissa, with Chelsea, Hiro and others too. There are lanterns, probably because the school powered them off because of the thunder.

We played that night.

"What's love, in your perspective?" Chelsea's question.

I looked at Melissa and answered, "Love sometimes means letting go." Even if I have to let you go, my love.

Letting you go so that you can love him without thinking about me.

"I plan to go home, too," I said. All of us mostly wanna go home too. It's Christmas, After all.

"Hi, mom!" I said as I kissed her cheeks.

"Where's dad?" I asked, looking around the Christmas tree.

"He's in his room, go greet him," I nodded and went upstairs to their room.

"Hi, dad. I'm home!" I exclaimed. My father is my very own idol and role model.

"Oh, son!" We hugged each other. I'm the only child; that may explain why we're close. We shopped, and on Christmas eve, we baked and spent it as a family.

When I returned to M.U High, I was shocked knowing that I had many gifts given and received at the same time.

As I opened them, I got a basketball ball and t-shirts, polos and even a cap from Chelsea.

"Dude, what the hell?!" I exclaimed; no wonder I could hear screaming. I followed it, and here it is.

Reyver is in our bathroom, screaming and groaning in pain, holding his arm like there's no tomorrow. I called Melissa because this damn Reyver won't stand even if I assisted him! I shook my head at him.

Melissa came, and she didn't have 30 minutes to get there. We brought him to the clinic, and thankfully it wasn't that serious. Melissa's looks were always caring but not when she was with Reyver.

While we were walking to Avitrin Woods, I remembered something.

Don't hesitate to aim and hit your target, Captain.

It's from the flower I saw at Chelsea's gift.

I'll try. I'm Lucas Brook, the Captain of Archery and,

my true and real captain...

Is her.

———————MissKjj07———————11/6/21