Epilogue + Everything Else

The streets of Seoul were cold whenever it rained. Though it was far from comfortable, at the very least it made her feel something. The cold raindrops that trickled down her skin and coat, even the shivers from the cold. She didn't like it, but it felt like she needed it. Though tonight, she found herself far from home and in the comfort of the vastness of this city, getting lost in the unfamiliarity of it all. She is somewhere where he could be distracted from the deafening thoughts that resided in her mind.

She downed the last contents of her beer, finding herself disappointed at the sparseness of the drink. Hastily, she chucks the can away into a nearby bin, missing though she did nothing to pick up the trash. With no alcohol and no one else to confide in, with the thoughts in her head reduced to white noise and a blur, she did not even notice the disheveled man approaching her who held an umbrella. He stood next to her in the rain, and she finally looks up at him when she realizes that the rain no longer drenched her, but pattered against the material of the umbrella instead.

"Kang Sae-byeok." The man begins, voice low and stern as if he no longer had time for any shenanigans.

"I need you to tell me everything you know."

"That's a vague order." She scoffs, stuffing her hands into her coat pockets.

"About the games." He finally says, and that makes her freeze, the thoughts somehow leaving her mind and is now filled with new ones as she looks up at the men who held the umbrella. His face was serious and rigid, looking down at her with eyes that mirrored the same tiredness and betrayal. There were a lot of things she could have asked right then and there, like how he knew her, or how he knew about the games.

"You were there, weren't you?" He spoke once again.

"How did you--"

"I simply just want to help." He tells her. "But to help you, I will also need you to help me."

Though Sae-byeok just furrowed her brows at the man, her trust helf closely and tightly to her chest.

"And who are you to do that?"

He just sighs, pulling something out of his pocket, revealing a badge to the young girl.

"Officer Hwang Jun-ho." He finally says. "These games have been going on for long enough." He tells her. "I need to put a stop to it. And with that, I will need your help."

***********

Hey everyone! I once again would just like to thank everyone for all the support one last time! It has been such a ride, and I'm excited to tell you more about my future plans! In this chapter, I also want to address some things; questions, theories, easter eggs, and explanations. So, here we go!

These are some questions I get from comments, and some from direct messages. Some of these questions are FAQ's, and some of the are specific ones that I think would be interesting if addressed!

What inspired you to write this FF?
- Simple answer. I loved Squid Game and I love Sang-woo's character.

Was Hae Young an inspired character?
-Somewhat yes and no? I think Hae Young is somewhat an extension of me, from the being a passionate writer, and even with her blunt personality. But I also made sure that there was enough room to make sure that she isn't exactly a solid character. I made sure Hae Young had little descriptions, especially in physical appearance so that the readers could also view themselves in her.

What made you write Hae Young the way she is?
- I tried my best to write Hae Young as an individual, but also as a moldable character so that readers may reflect themselves on her. I did not write much of her physical appearance so that there may no bias, I also made sure the leave space for her character all in all. I gave her basic characteristics, and that's basically it, all the while making sure that her character does not fall flat and boring. I just wanted an established character, but also a character open like a place holder since I did not want to write and x reader fic and constantly use (Y/n), and such.