66

The book is ending yay! I have to get my affairs in order which is harder than it sounds but here is a triple update. 

66

Three weeks later...

Dalia's POV

I had my good days and my bad days.

On my good days, I didn't feel much, it reminded me of my time at the safe house. Everything was just a blur, my body going on auto pilot while my mind wondered off. I preferred these days, loved them actually because I didn't have to worry much.

Then there were my bad days which over the last three weeks, came more often than I liked. I just stayed in bed and cried.

I've cried so much I wonder how I still have water in my body, considering I hadn't been eating much either.

It was hard, to follow Faye's schedule again. It reminded me so much of her. It feels like she just died yesterday but I've lived for centuries. Grief was a fickle thing. And I hated it so much.

I hated how it make me feel weak every time I shed a tear. Especially in front of Vittore.

That was another thing.

I hadn't seen Mr. big bad and scary since that night in Faye's room. He wasn't there when I woke up and well... the mafia was busier than ever.

They were looking for the Don of the Raven's.

I would like to say we were getting somewhere but we really weren't. He got away and things weren't the same. We were all disorganized and there was this dark cloud over the whole mafia that wasn't seeming to let up.

Maddox still hadn't been located, according to rumours, he must have been a traitor and working with the Don of the Ravens all along.

Why was I not surprised?

Alexa had taken to being a bitch to me again. I preferred it when I didn't have to see her at all but she keeps rubbing the fact that she spends a lot of time with Vittore in my face. She didn't have to do that because I knew he was avoiding me.

I'd seen him at his lowest, hell if it were me, I'd probably do the same.

That didn't mean I didn't try once or twice to corner him. He just evaded me so well and...

I missed him.

I missed him so much. Everyday I opened my eyes and he wasn't there, a pit formed in my heart like it wasn't already a dark abyss. I just wanted to hold him and... I don't know.

My thoughts had been so conflicting the past few weeks, I hardly remembered what day it was. Everything was just so... dull.

"Dalia?"

I looked over at Peyton. She and I had been hanging out I guess, from the times I wasn't moping around or wishing I was dead alongside Faye. But then thinking like that made me feel guilty because of one person.

Vittore.

"Are you ok?" the brunette asked and I nodded slowly. I guess I was.

I was having a good day. Or as good as the days can get.

Peyton turned away, going back to what she was doing, what we were doing.

Cleaning daggers in the weaponry.

I didn't want to be left alone with my thoughts and Vittore though avoiding me, had forbidden me from going on any more missions. It sucked.

I wiped yet another blade but as I moved to put it on the shelf, my vision blurred and dark dots started dancing in front of my eyes. I let out a soft gasp, the knife slipping from my hands and to the floor while I staggered a bit, my heart suddenly thumping wildly in my chest.