chapter twenty one.

Skylar woke up the next morning, Jake, was passed out on the other side of the bed. She yawned getting out of bed, and to the living room. Andy was already up.

"Morning, kiddo. How did you sleep?" Andy asked.

"I slept good, thanks." Skylar said, sitting next to him.

"Once Jake and Laurie get up, we'll go downstairs and get some breakfast."

Skylar nodded, pulling out her phone to text Sarah.

how is mexico?

it's fun. wish u were here tho😭

it'll be okay. glad ur having fun

thank you sarah :)

                                   .•° ✿ °•.

Skylar, Jacob, Andy and Laurie had all went downstairs to order breakfast. As they chatted, Skylar was glad that they could finally have a break from everything that was happening back in Massachusetts.

When they were walking back from the restaurant, they were stopped by the hotel manager, and two police officers.

"Mr. and Mrs. Barber?" the manager asked.

"Yes?" Laurie furrowed her eyebrows, confused.

"The police would like to have a word with your son and.. whoever this girl is."

"My name is Skylar."

"I'm sorry, what is this regarding?"

"It's about a missing person."

"Hold on, hold on."

"They have to take your cards ma'am."

.•° ✿ °•.

"Did you have any contact with Hope Connors?" the officer asked Skylar.

"Yes, when we first checked in, I saw her talking to Jacob, so I went over to them."

"Were you and Hope friends?"

"Not really, she didn't talk to me, and I didn't talk to her."

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"At the new years party last night. I was chased by this guy, said his name was Diego. So I ran to find Jacob so we could leave, and I saw them talking."

Question after question. Skylar was getting bored, and sick of them. Couldn't she just have a break? This once? Hours later, they were finished with the questions, and they walked back to the room. Skylar and Jacob sighed, and laid on the bed. It was late, and they had been questioned all day.

"It seems that no matter where we are, we can't get a break." Skylar said to Jake who faced her, laying on the bed.

"I know, it's tiring." he responded.

The two teens fell asleep quickly, hugging each other. They were just glad to be back in the room, safe. Who knows what would've happened if whoever kidnapped Hope chosen to kidnap Skylar instead.

Jacob definitely would've made sure someone went home with a broken bone.