chapter seventeen.

authors note: last chapter for today, babes. i'm tired and i've been writing chapter after chapter all day. that, and it's late.

A few days had past, and Skylar was sitting in her room, staring at the ceiling, when her cell phone rang.

"Hey Jake."

"Hey, Skylar. Good news. My case has been dropped. Apparently, some pedophile committed suicide, and left a note, saying that he did it."

"Really?! That's great news!" Skylar shouted into the phone.

"Well, it's not great news that he committed suicide, but good news that you're innocent! I knew it all along! I'm coming over, bye."

Skylar immediately hung up the phone, and ran downstairs, passing by a confused Kelly. Skylar danced weirdly, confusing Kelly even more.

"Listen, Sky, if you're on drugs, please just say that. You're really freaking me out." Kelly said, holding a cup of coffee.

"Jake's case has been dropped! He's innocent! Innocent I tell ya!" Skylar screamed happily.

"Where are you going?" Kelly asked her daughter, who opened the front door.

"Out to celebrate! Duh!"

"Without shoes?"

Skylar looked down, and saw that she wasn't wearing any shoes.

"Okay, maybe I like wearing no shoes, mother. Maybe it's a new trend! Maybe I actually want to feel good about myself for once in my entire damn life!" Skylar said, grinning widely, and running out the front door slamming it shut.

Kelly stood, completely confused. "I was right all along. She is on drugs."

                                   .•° ✿ °•.

Skylar and Jacob were sat at the kitchen counter. Andy had went to make a visit to someone, and Laurie went out for a run.

"We should eat." Skylar suggested.

"Why?" Jacob asked.

"To pay respects to the food gods. Why else would we eat? Also, I'm hungry." Skylar said.

Jacob chuckled, "I don't know how to cook."

"You clearly don't know how to dress, either." Skylar said, rummaging through the cupboards for something to eat. Jacob frowned from behind her, offended.

"You can bitch all you want, Barber. But deep down, you know it's true." Skylar said, looking up at him.

Skylar had decided to make white cheddar mac and cheese. Only because it was the only thing that she actually felt like cooking. Jacob wasn't much help. He just sat back, criticizing her every move.

"Bloody hell, Jake! I don't need your criticism." Skylar said, stirring the pot aggressively.

"No, but you do need some more cheese." he suggested.

Skylar turned around, gave him the death stare. "You know what you'll be needing soon if you don't shut up? A wheelchair."

Though it took a while, Skylar finally finished the mac and cheese. And it was pretty good.

White cheddar mac and cheese is very good.

authors note: that sentence was correct. and if you don't agree, fight me.