chapter eighteen.

The Barber's were planning a trip to Mexico. They originally were going to go earlier, but with the whole incident, it was pretty much postponed. But they all decided that they needed a break, and planned for it.

"Hey Sky, how would you feel about going to Mexico with us?" Andy asked, a cup of coffee to his lips.

"I don't know. I would love to come, but I'll have to ask my mum. She works late a lot, and she doesn't like when I'm alone, so I'm sure that she'd let me."

"Okay, cool."

                                    .•° ✿ °•.

"Please, Mum! I'll never ask for anything ever again!" Skylar said. Kelly didn't even seem fazed.

"Okay, first of all Sky, I didn't even say no. Second, that's a bit far. Plus, I'll have to pay for your ticket, and those are expensive."

It took forty-five minutes to convince Kelly. Skylar had annoyed her so much, that she was glad to get rid of her. At least for a little while anyways.

Skylar went to pack a suitcase, and packed clothes, toiletries and pretty much whatever she thought she needed. She was very excited for this trip. She had never been to Mexico before, and was thrilled to know she'd be visiting a different country's

With a friend.

Last time she had went somewhere with a friend, was with Emily, but that wasn't to anywhere exciting. Just to visit Boston, which was only about twenty minutes away from Newton. The hotel they stayed in was pretty gross, bugs everywhere. And the man at the front desk was very rude. And was drinking a strange amber coloured drink. Skylar thought it was apple juice when she was little.

It was not apple juice.

                                    .•° ✿ °•.

Skylar was spending the night at the Barber's house, as they were leaving early the next morning. And it didn't make sense to wake up, get ready, pick up Sky, then drive to the airport. Skylar and Jacob had just finished eating supper, when they decided to go upstairs to play video games. They had decided to play Minecraft.

"Stop, Jake. Get that creeper away from my house! Do you know how long it took me to make it?"

As revenge, Skylar spawned a bunch of wolves, tamed them, then hit Jake's avatar. And that didn't end well. For Jacob at least.

Hours had past, and it was eleven pm. Skylar and Jacob decided to go to bed, since they had to get up early. Skylar laid down on his bed, Jake on the other side, as usual. Jacob wrapped his arm around Sky's waist, and pulled her close, until they were touching. Skylar could feel Jake's lips on the back of her neck. This moment was pure bliss. And both of the teenagers knew it.

                                   .•° ✿ °•.

After they got checked in, they had to wait for the plane to tell the passengers they could board. It would be about thirty minutes of a wait. To pass the time, Skylar and Jacob went to one of the snack shops to purchase some snacks for the plane ride. Yes, the flight attendants would provide snacks, but no one wants old peanuts and pretzels. Skylar had bought a bag of chips, and a drink. Jake had bought the same.

Thirty minutes had past, and they were allowed to board the plane. They let parents with children go first. The flight was about four hours. Skylar laid her head on Jake's shoulder, and feel asleep, Jacob doing the same. Skylar was asleep for pretty much the whole ride. She woke up to Andy calling her and Jacob's name.

"We're here."