chapter eight.

Skylar woke up the next morning, on the bean bag on the ground. Jacob had his head rested on Skylar's lap. The two had watched movies and played video games for most of the night. A horrible idea to do on a school night. It was just like drinking when you have to go to work the next morning. A bad idea.

Skylar slapped the back of Jake's neck. "Hey. Get up." he woke up immediately, but didn't raise his head up. He still laid on her lap. Skylar pushed him off, but he brought her down with him. Skylar was now straddling him. They stared at each other, until Skylar got up, brushing herself off.

"Uh, could you leave so I can get dressed?"
Jacob asked.

"Oh, yeah." Sky grabbed a change of clothes, and headed into the bathroom. After a few minutes, Skylar finished getting dressed, and grabbed her backpack. She heard arguments from downstairs. Confused, Skylar walked down to see Jacob, looking upset.

"We're gonna be late for school." Jacob said, grabbing Sky's wrist, and pulling her towards the front door.

"Hey." Andy called out. "I shouldn't have yelled."

So that's what she heard from upstairs. They were yelling about something. Jacob didn't respond, instead still holding Skylar's wrist, walked out. Skylar was curious, but just forgot it. While they were walking, Jake didn't say much. He was probably in a bad mood, so she didn't push it. The two walked in silence, until they parted ways to go to their classrooms, since they didn't have the same class together this period.

.•° ✿ °•.

Skylar was in history class, and they were taking a test. Skylar had studied luckily, but still was understandably anxious. She always got anxiety before tests. Unfortunately, Jake wasn't there to comfort her. Though, Sarah was there.

Derek was too.

Skylar could hear him snickering about something to his friends. She couldn't hear exactly, but she knew it had something to do with her.

"I know. Skylar probably slept with him, then killed him when he didn't make her moan... it's weak."

What a prick.

An hour later, the bell had rung, and Skylar was ready to give Derek a piece of her mind. Once he was out of view from the teacher, Skylar went up from behind him, and shoved him, making him trip.

"You think that shit's funny?!" she yelled. Kids were now looking right at her, but she didn't care.

"Talk about me like that again Derek, and I'll fuck you up! And don't think that I'm joking."

Derek's were laughing behind him, causing him to look back at them. Derek only walked closer to Sky, and gripped her arms.

"I'd like to see you try."

"Would you? Wanna bet?"

"I would-"

"No. As a matter of fact, you wouldn't be able to handle it. You'd chicken out, and run away like a pussyboy. Cause that's what you are right?" Skylar said, taking his arms off of her.

"Keep my name out of your mouth. Cause the next time, I won't be so friendly." Skylar said, shoving past him, making sure to bump into his shoulder. Hard.

As she walked, kids all around were staring at her. "Something on my face?" she asked.

Skylar walked to her next class, forgetting the incident almost instantly. Wasn't that big of a deal, was it?