EIGHTEEN

Eighteen

Was it a bad idea for Jeno to attend the burial ceremony? Yes, of course.

But would Jeno still attend the burial ceremony? Yes, of course.

Jeno would do anything for Yeji even if he knew he was only going to be humiliated or discriminated by Yeji's mother.

And besides, Yeji wanted to discuss something with Jeno.

———

* Burial ceremony...

Jeno attended the burial ceremony for Doyoung but he didn't come alone.

"Mister & Misis Lee, Eric, Jeno... thank you for attending my brother's burial ceremony." it was Yeji who welcomed them.

"Our pleasure, sweetie. I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy to the whole family." Misis Lee told Yeji.

Even though the Lees knew Doyoung was one of the mastermind behind Jeno's brutal beating, they still attended the ceremony as a sign of respect.

They knew that their family was going through so much so they wanted to show sympathy.

Yeji, after welcoming them, gave Jeno a tight embrace and Jeno planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I missed you." she told him. She buried her face in his chest as they hugged each other.

"I missed you more." Jeno said to her.

———

Like everyone expected, Yeji's mom wasn't to fond to see the Lees at her son's burial ceremony.

Yeji's mom saw read upon seeing the whole family enter the chapel. "What in the world?! What are they doing here? Who invited them? This better be a joke or else I — "

"Shh! Calm down, there are a lot of people here right now. Do not start any commotion, I beg you. Respect our son's burial ceremony." Yeji's father told her mom but Yeji's mom was gritting her teeth, clenching her fist and glaring at them.

She was even more furious to see Yeji enter the chapel holding hands with the man she told her to stay away from.

And of course, her mom heard murmurs from their relative.

"Is that... Yeji's boyfriend? The ex-convict?"

"The son of the Lee family. He doesn't look like a murderer at all but we'll never know his true colors."

"Why would Yeji still date him? Wasn't he a suspect for the Liu Yangyang's death? Does Yeji's parents even educate her?"

Yeji's mom was so embarassed to hear all of these, she was humiliated, disgusted and angered and so cursed under her breath. "You will never ever have my daughter, Lee Jeno. Over my dead body!"

 Over my dead body!"