TWO

TWO

"You have a new inmate, he is Jeno Lee

"You have a new inmate, he is Jeno Lee... eighteen years old from Seoul, Korea. Charged with first degree murder and he will be spending the rest of his natural life in prison without parole!"

The guards announced and they harshly pushed Jeno inside his prison cell along with other inmates who were older than him.

Jeno was trembling, sweating profusely, gut felt like turning upside down and heart beating rapidly ss he set foot in that dark and cold cell where dark eyes were laid upon him.

His handcuffs were removed then the gates were shut closed to his cells and the police said. "Treat this murderer nicely, fellas." said the guards tauntingly and their devilish laughs echoed in the whole cell.

The inmates rose from their seats and beds and went closer to Jeno, there were four of them. Jeno gulped at the sight of their terrifying faces, they looked really intimidating and this scared the hell out of him.

An elder inmate approached him and asked. "What are you doing in prison, lad? You're too young to be here?"

Another asked. "You're serving life sentence and you just turned 18, you have so much ahead of you, boy tsk! Tsk!" said another inmate.

Jeno couldn't respond as he was so scared of their aura, however, their voices seemed calm. Another inmate asked. "You killed someone, young lad?"

Jeno immediately shook his head. "No, I— I did not kill anyone. I was f-falsely accused, I am i-innocent, I didn't do anything wrong. I-I don't want to be here." Jeno couldn't control his emotions anymore and he started crying infront of the inmates.

The inmates glanced upon one another, all seemed like they pity Jeno and one of them held Jeno's shoulder. "Do not cry, lad. Prison is not a place for the faint of heart, prison will teach you how to man up and how to be stiff as a rock. You are now living with criminals, but not everyone in jail deserves to be in jail. Most of us here are people that made awful decisions while some are innocent and serving sentences for crimes they did not commit so I know what you mean, I am one of the few innocents that have been falsely accused. We must be strong hearted."

Jeno was teary eyed as he listened to the other inmates. "Are... are all of you accused of... murder?" he asked them.

They all nodded to his question.

"I was falsely accused." said one inmate.

"I really committed murder." said the other one.

"Me too."

"Me three." said another.

Jeno remained silent after knowing that, for all he knows he's surrounded by murderers and he knew he had to be careful.

The inmates saw fear in his eyes and so they told him. "You don't have to fear us, lad. Now that you're here, you are part of our family and we will protect you from anyone who tries to bully you."