{Holi}

We were so sleepy when we got off the bus at the food court. After being out in the fresh air, we eventually lost our sleep after dragging our lazy asses out of the bus to the highly sophisticated restaurant.

The evening at the restaurant was relaxing and enjoyable. We ate a lot. I tried a lot of new dishes yesterday. Like me, the Torres also fell in love with Indian cuisine.

We tried fire paan after that. I can honestly say that I have never tasted anything quite like it. It gets so bitter in the end that we all end up eating the chocolate paan or mango paan.

We had a blast trying that. Initially, Arnav and Dylan were scared, but we eventually got them to do this.

Because we were all exhausted after arriving at the Ashram, which served as a similar hotel, we all managed to get a good night's sleep.

The time is now 8 in the morning, and before we go to the famous temples, we'll all go shopping for today's festive attire.

Hindus celebrate Holi to honor one of the Indian mythological legends. Krishna and Radha love Holi, and here we are in Vrindavan, where Lord Krishna was born and spent his childhood.

It would be incredible to celebrate Holi in a city where people visit specifically to celebrate the festival.

"Katie!" Mom yelled.

"Yes mom!" I opened the door.

"Thank God! You finally opened the door."

"You were knocking?" I asked.

"Oh no, no, no, I was standing out there just waiting for you to recognize my presence so you could open the door." Mom replied slyly.

"Radhe Radhe! Young lady, talk nicely to your daughter, when you are standing in such a holy place." I said.

"Radhe Radhe! Young lady, have some manners and don't talk back to your mom." Mom mimicked, and I ended up cracking up.

"Okay, let's go! I am ready!" Lex finally popped out of the restroom.

"You do realize that we have to change our entire outfits after we come back from shopping?" Mom claimed.

"Oh, c'mon Katherine, I'll dress up again, it's no big deal." Hearing Lex address mom by her first name felt too weird for the first time. Maybe I get into the habit of listening to people call her aunt or bhabhi.

"Whatever you girls like to do, but let's go now." Mom dragged us both while picking our room's card.

***

We decided to walk to the shop, as it's convenient that way, but guess what? Someone got her new top ruined.

"Lex!"

"Don't you dare Kat!" Lex warned me, but c'mon I can hardly control my laugh.

"Hey, they did say 'Bura na mano Holi hai!' (Don't mind it's holi.)" I reasoned.

"Not when they freaking ruin clothes." She exaggerates.

"C'mon take a chill pill sis, it's just clothes." Dylan! Bad move!

"Lexii...relax. We are shopping for new clothes, don't worry." I interrupted her before she could swear.

Lex just stomped her foot and moved forward more quickly and cautiously.

***

The women were getting ready in mom's room, while the men were in uncle Steve's.

"Why did we buy all white clothes? It will get dirty too. It would have been better if it was all black."