010 - Reunion

Logan never typed so fast. While escorting Seth somewhere, he was typing on his Scroll through the medium of his DNI and helmet’s visual interface. He made a myriad of mistakes, but he didn’t care. To whom?

The Headmaster.

>oZ. Meet your office. Bing Mark, Colt, and Wrench.

He never made so many mistakes, but this was important and he didn’t have the time to fix them. He took Seth to the top of Beacon Tower, to Ozpin’s office. Entering the office, Logan ripped his helmet off, throwing it at the wall. It shattered into small, triangular pieces, which flew into Logan’s being as if they were being assimilated. This was the first time Seth saw Logan’s face unobscured.

Logan was a decent-looking guy. He had the complexion of a nineteen-year-old, with silver hair and silver eyes. One distinct feature was a large scar across his face on his right, as if he literally dodged a bullet once. Said scar also split his lips.

It was almost similar to Seth’s own facial scar.

He combed through his hair, sighing. He then arched backwards, only to slump forward. Red and blue recreations seemed to fly out of him, and disappear. He went back to his iconic colour palette, being black and grey.

His right arm returned to its augmented state, and he put on his neck warmer, which doubled as a mask.

He turned to Seth. “Tell me everything.”

“So, I take it you heard about the explosion?” Seth began, continuing after Logan nodded.

“Well, I woke up in the Emerald Forest with a lot of wounds, not to mention temporary tinnitus. I was scared — I had gear, but I didn’t know where I was. I was surrounded by Beowolves, and I was almost dead — before someone saved me. I passed out from my wounds, introduced myself, he introduced himself… yada yada yada.”

The five: Ozpin, Wrench, Marcus, Colton, and Glynda entered silently; Seth not taking notice.

“My wounds were getting bad, so he brought me to a Bullhead heading here so I could get medical help. Time passed, I healed, and now I’m enrolled here with my own team and everythin’.”

“What was your saviour’s name?” Logan asked.

“Calls himself Cryptid. Had this bond with a Grimm he called Scout, a small little thing that’s fast and quiet.” Seth replied.

Logan’s eyes widened. “Cryptids exist here?”

Ozpin coughed, bringing attention to himself, making Seth and Logan look over at them. “It seems you found who you were looking for—”

Wrench forcefully shoved past the others, tackling Seth in a hug, not wanting to let go. He wasn’t aware of how hard he was hugging his little brother until he heard the gasps for air. Wrench eased up, before smacking Seth on the back of his head.

“Do you have any fucking idea how worried I was?! How worried WE were? WE THOUGHT YOU DIED!!!” Reggie was screaming his lungs out, his “eyebrows” arched downwards in an angry expression.

Seth didn’t even seem like trying to stop Wrench from scolding him.

“Seth. Next time you visit such a beautiful place, at least send us a postcard!” Marcus joked nervously, trying to defuse such a tense atmosphere.

Nobody listened.

Seth looked around, seeing Colt. His eyes switched to exclamation points before slanting to question marks. “Yeah, I get it, Bro. Logan already tore me a new one. But who’s that? He looks familiar…” he pointed at Colton.