009 - Across Worlds

The class was astonished at Seth’s response to the Grimm’s spontaneous combustion. Instead of being disgusted, or scared, he found it astonishing.

Hopping back to his feet, Seth lowered Sir Shatter at his side. Port then came over and pat Spectre on the back.

“Not bad, not bad at all, Young Seth. I would expect nothing less from one of Beacon’s students. Take note, class — everyone is different amongst the field of combat. While many would stay focused and quiet, others build confidence during combat. This confidence can take many forms — ritualistic actions, or words of strength. Seth here decided to use humour to diffuse a tense situation. I can see why he is a team leader — although he was worried at first, Seth gained an advantage by watching his opponent and ending the fight in a rather spectacular fashion.” Port praised whilst also teaching the class a valuable lesson.

Seth smiled under his mask, looking at the Professor with a simple [^  ^] expression. He slung Sir Shatter over his shoulder and waltzed back over to his team. He sat in the empty seat, still smiling. Taking out his Scroll, he saw Tobi’s notes, adding to them with this new type of Grimm:

Hellhound — Wolf-like in appearance. Very durable. Bursts into a pool of flames (similar to a Molotov Cocktail) upon death.

──────────

Logan, Reginald, Marcus, and Colton walked along the marble-white path, towards the castle that was Beacon Academy. The three newcomers were amazed at the architecture — it was a sight for sore eyes after their long walk. Two people stood outside the castle, almost as if they were anticipating Logan’s arrival.

“Well, isn’t this a surprise? You look… different, Logan.”

Logan tossed aside his M1, with it vanishing into a purple mist. He stood at attention. His helmet’s eyes switched from all grey to grey, red, and blue; with grey being the color on his left eye.

Trifecta, at your service.”

Besides his modulated voice, it seemed there were two more who spoke at the same time. That of a deep, gravelly voice, as well as a monotonous one that seemed almost omniscient. The eyes went back to being grey.

“Ozpin. It’s been a fair while.” Logan replied.

“I take it that you are not here for a social visit?” The blonde woman asked.

“I’m afraid that you would be correct, Glynda. Marcus, Wrench, Colton. These are Headmaster Ozpin—” he motioned to the man in green. His hair was white, with bizarre spectacles. He was sipping coffee, as always, and he stood with a cane that almost seemed to be steampunk-inspired.

“—and Headmistress Glynda Goodwitch.” He motioned to the blonde bombshell. She nodded humbly.

“Oz, Glynda. These are my friends. This is Marcus, A.K.A. Retr0,” he gestured to the man in blue. Marcus smiled in a friendly manner.

“This weirdo is Wrench.” He said, pointing to Wrench. He did the Vulcan salute, while his mask switched to quotation marks. “The needs of the many.” Wrench quoted.

“And lastly, this Casanova is Colton.” Colt stood respectfully, with the stiffness of a soldier. “Pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir, ma’am.”

“Now that everyone’s acquainted…” he looked at the teachers. “We believe we have lost one of our own here on Remnant. He may be in Vale, or here at Beacon. If we aren’t successful in finding him here, we’ll just move to another Academy. If we don’t find him there, we’ll move somewhere else, etc., etc.”