008 - Nightmares and Daydreams

Things had gone rather smoothly after the team naming ceremony of earlier in the day. The new teams were then assigned their dorms, and given the rest of the night to become acquainted and settled. Classes started tomorrow morning, something Seth was so looking forward to.

The dorm assigned to the newly formed Team SCBD was much like Seth's temporary room, just more spacious and oddly symmetrical. Before getting ready for bed, Cari, Blight, and Damian used their spare time to unpack their luggage and to set up their spots in the dorm.

Since Seth didn't own much, all he did was take the closest bed to the wall, where he propped up Sir Shatter. On his nightstand he put down Marcus' handgun, which he tended to keep loaded and ready.

Next to the handgun, stacked on top of his phone, was where he placed his Scroll - or Remnant's version of cellphones. The others got one too, as they came with the team's timetable for their stay at Beacon.

The Scroll was... plain. Boring. It was sort of cool with the way it folded like an old scroll parchment for easy carrying, but the design of the device itself was very dull with its white body, golden diamond power button, and light blue holographic display.

Seth would have to fix that later, but he was too knackered to do so now.

Seth was seated on his bed, watching the others unpack their stuff, folding clothes away into drawers and wardrobes.

"So!" Cari suddenly clapped her hands together, catching the guys' attention. The three looked to the Wolf Faunus, whose tail was wagging slightly. "Since we're going to be spending the next four years together, I think we should get to know each other."

Damian shoved his suitcase into the closet, shutting the door. "Okay... I guess that's not a terrible idea." He said softly. Seth noticed how timid he got when he was in a room with more than just one other person.

Cari beamed, her wolf-like ears perking up atop her head. "Excellent!" She chimed, moving to her bed. She plopped herself on the ruby-red coloured sheets, crossing her legs and leaning forward to where her deep eyes were staring at Damian's person. Her tail was now wagging furiously.

Damian blinked in surprise. Blight chuckled, copying Cari's action and sitting on his own bed. Cari's was between Seth and Blight's, leaving them to be ordered by initials just like their team name was.

With a sigh, Damian went to his own bed and took a seat. "Alright! Since you're the team leader, why don't you go first?" Cari asked, her eyes moving to Seth.

Blight and Damian followed, now everyone was focusing on the masked hacker. "Uh... a'ight, I guess..."

Seth cleared his throat, turning in his bed so that he was facing the others, using the wall to lean against. "Like Ozzy said, my name is Seth Blechman. But I would prefer it if you called me Spectre. At all times. I, uh, like robots... I build them with my older brother. I also like hacking, and corporate espionage, and I like fire."

Blight had a concerned look on his face. Damian didn't seem all that perturbed, and Cari looked giddy, for some odd reason.

"Oooh! That espionage one makes sooo much sense! I mean, the way you smacked-talked that Schnee bitch? It was so cool, Sethy!" Cari swooned.

Sethy? Seth felt his cheeks go warm from under his mask. Was she... flirting?

"Uh, Cari, if it's okay to ask - why do you hate that Princess so much?" Seth wondered.

Cari's tail stopped wagging. She tilted her head in confusion, mimicking that of a puppy.

Reggie would hate this. Seth thought. "I think it's pretty obvious," Damian said since Cari wasn't answering, "the Schnees are racist against the Faunus. I mean, a lot of people are, but the Schnees? They're the worst."