Maybe It's Me - Iz*One Chaeyeon ( Part 1)

Authornim: As requested by jcat3610. I hope I did your request justice :)

Enjoy the story!

---

"Alright, remember: it's just how we practised it. One last time... three... jump... one foot in front of the other... two... follow the beat... twirl... then pose... there we go! Perfect! You all got it correct this time. Congratulations! You all did well, and you're all starting to get synchronized."

Lee Chaeyeon's voice echoed across the spacious dance studio, joining the soft, upbeat rhythm of the background music playing in front of her many students. It was the peak of academic vacation after all, which is why the abundance of students who elected to devote their free time into being taught by one of the country's most sought-after dance camps did not really surprise Chaeyeon at all. In fact, she was more than happy to know that there are a lot of people who are into dancing as she was. It also interesting for her to see that she was even able to see herself on some of her students; seeing how they started almost in the exact age that she did. Given consistent practice, it would only be a matter of time before these students would become as good as she is.

With a huffing breath, Chaeyeon wiped her forehead clean of beads of sweat before flaying her long, brownish hair to the back of her shoulders. She fixated her gaze on her students and then raised her left arm to her face and took a quick glance on her wristwatch. Seeing that the session was close to concluding time-wise while at the feeling the burden of dancing for more than two hours non-stop to show the students the moves they have to study, her body was bound to feel tired at some point after all her efforts for the session.

"I think that does it for today's session. Please keep practising on your respective homes and don't just confine your learning here in the studio. I promise you, you guys will learn more once you take things on your own understanding. I'm just here to help you sharpen what's already there. Alright, let's call it a day. Thank you for listening to me!" She said enthusiastically as she gave her students a curt bow.

"Thank you for your hard work!" The combined voices of Chaeyeon's students collectively said in unison, all while they bowed in courtesy for her efforts.

Chaeyeon felt herself smile rather involuntarily as she was touched by hearing that from them. Sure, she always heard it every time session has concluded, but there was still something about it. Somehow the idea that she's teaching dancing lessons to younger people had not sunk in her yet even though it has been a while since she's been doing this.

Just as the crowd of students began dispersing on the mirror-filled walls of the dance studio, a sweat Chaeyeon turned in time towards the staff door behind her only to find someone else peeking inside the room; apparently observing her as she finished the last few minutes of her own session.

"You look really tired. You showed them how it's done again, Yeonnie?"

The statement alone made Chaeyeon smile as she brushed the hair caught on the sweat of her forehead once more, all before picking her bottle of water up and heading towards the direction of the door. Her best friend and fellow dance choreographer and instructor, Sakura, had gone off of her way and entered the dance studio herself. Despite just being done with practice, Sakura's simple beauty shone through her short, black hair and her ever so cheerful smile on her vibrant face. It was the oversized shirt and the loose, grey pants and sneakers that probably did it for Chaeyeon that joined into her rather inviting smile as she, too, felt her lips curl.

 It was the oversized shirt and the loose, grey pants and sneakers that probably did it for Chaeyeon that joined into her rather inviting smile as she, too, felt her lips curl