My Girl Bestfriend - ITZY Ryujin (Part 2)

Authornim: I wanted to post this as soon as ITZY launched their comeback and I hope that I'm just on time.

Enjoy the update!
---

Ryujin continued to pester Y/N of the identity of the aforementioned school ‘crush’, like it was some sort of national secret that she definitely needed to know. Y/N was no stranger to her persistence as it would not be the first time that Ryujin had pursued him for something that she wanted out of him. For him, that was the definite reason why he wanted to go away from her despite his slight desire to tell her the entire story even though she would eventually know about it anyway. Luckily, he managed to evade Ryujin’s questioning and presence entirely when she needed to go for an emergency club meeting right before they entered their PE class. Had Ryujin attended the class, Y/N had a hunch that she would be benched anyway because it was Coach Sunmi who was teaching for the subject. She, of all people, would know that Ryujin deserves a sitting after that monster of a game she gave the previous night.

And so, with Ryujin’s absence even after almost two hours outside the track performing laps, Y/N decided to go to lunch all by himself. He was initially debating of going to the tree where they usually went, but then he realized that the place was currently occupied by the Drama Club for their outdoor film shooting and that he also forgot to prepare a lunch for this day. He had no choice but to go to the one place he was the least fan of: the school’s cafeteria.

JYPEHS’ school cafeteria was a place that felt as foreign for Y/N as he could remember, given that he would often avoid going to that place as much as he could. Needless to say, he was never a fan of the place being crowded by a lot of people left and right. It was this large, spacious area with tiles for floors lined with a large amount of identical chairs and tables with its perimeter loaded with lots of food stalls and other leisure products; and its second floor was a wide, open balcony overlooking the stalls and tables on the first floor with its space quite emphasized with the primarily white-shed aesthetic. It was supposed to provide a clean, sanitized feel to it, but to Y/N sitting there felt like being inside a hospital with how uncomfortably neat it looked like, not to mention the lights they used for the canteen.

He sat on the usual place that he and Ryujin would go to: on the second floor near the window overlooking the outskirts of the school, and waited for her as he decided to order food for her in advance as well. Y/N placed Ryujin’s tray opposite him and stared a good while at the empty seat while waiting for his supposed best friend to arrive, although he wasn’t entirely sure if she’d even show up.

I wonder if she’d take long, he wondered to himself. I wasn’t thinking clearly when I went off and ordered the food ahead. Maybe if she doesn’t show up I’ll just eat this myself since I paid for it anyway. Club meetings are supposed to end at lunch breaks but in the rare case that they extended, at least I could treat myself with this lot. This looks really delicious. If only these types of food are available outside, I definitely won’t be going to the canteen just to eat. Ryujin’s going to miss out if she does not show up. After all, I ordered this for her since she mentioned that she was craving for a Bento.

Sucks to be the one who’s good at everything; I hope she’s fine with what she’s doing currently though.

He stared at the carefully prepared Japanese bento, something that he remembered Ryujin was craving for recently. With how perfectly laid out it turned to be, he was then hesitant of picking it up for himself because Ryujin would’ve definitely loved eating that with him.

Is she even coming?

“I had a hunch you’d be here. I remember you said a whole back that you forgot to prepare lunch,” Ryujin’s voice came booming from behind him as he was approached by the young girl. Y/N turned his head just in time to see her walking towards him, quite surprised that she changed from the standard PE uniform to the usual JYPEHS school uniform. Everything was fixed except for her tie that she always had in a different way.