Forgive me, Ollie, for I have sinned. {9}

Start from the beginning

"Morning." I move the bat in between us. "Your friend here was broken-hearted, you forgot him."

Instead of taking him, like I thought she would, Ollie grunts and covers her head with the blanket making her look like a poofy pink marshmallow.

My stomach drops, realizing this is going to be more challenging than I expected.

"Come on, Ollie." I fish for the edge of the blanket and tug it up to look at her. "Talk to me. I'm really sorry for yelling at you last night."

"And?" She raises a golden brow at me.

"And," I draw out, not sure exactly what else to apologize for. A blanketed apology falls from my lips, hoping that works, "And for being an ass."

When an unamused look crosses her face, my stomach tightens. She's never this pissy with me. Usually, if I've made her mad, a simple sorry works, and we move on. "You don't want your bat anymore?" I dangle it in front of her, but it doesn't even get a tiny lip curl, to my dismay.

I tilt my head, watching the broody fluff shoot death glares at me. I danced the bat closer to her, making its wings jiggle in the process. Then, jokingly, I change my voice to a more Russian-sounding accent. "I vant to suck your blood." I tease before nuzzling it into her neck. "You taste like regret and greasy fair food."

Finally, she snorts, and a small smile creeps upon her face. A lightly tanned arm snakes out of the blanket and wraps around the bat before pulling it to her.

Relief washes over me like warm water. "Am I forgiven?"

"For yelling at me, yes. For leaving me in that maze to go off and have a romantic hay ride with Becca, no. Or for not taking me on the Ferris wheel." Ollie's face cutely scrunches up into a less than terrifying scowl.

Though the glare isn't effective, a tsunami size wave of guilt rolls over me. "Fuck, I forgot about the Ferris wheel. Sorry." By the time I got off the hayride, the only thing I could think about was wanting to bash Creed's face in as he aggressively grabbed Becca's arm and dragged her off.

"And abandoning me in the maze." She raises a brow, bringing me back to that point as well.

I sigh and sit up. She soon follows suit. As she maneuvers from out of the covers, I quickly realize she's only wearing an oversized Grimlens tee-shirt. She crosses her smooth bare legs under her as she sits to face me. Thankfully the tan tee pools around her bottom half, blocking my view of whatever underwear she might be wearing.

"I was going to go in and look for you, but Becca pointed out that in that maze we'd probably never cross paths, and that eventually you'd find your way out. I was going to wait by the exit. Then it was the last hayride of the night and Becca begged me to go to protect her." A slight grin crosses my face as flashes of Becca huddling up to me flood my mind.

"I was scared." Ollie throws an arm out as a look of disbelief plasters itself on her face. "I was running through that fucking maze screaming for you hoping you would find me, but you abandoned me."

"I didn't abandon you." I roll my eyes at her overdramatic response. She's acting like I left her at the damn fair alone. I went on one fucking ride. "I was still on the fairgrounds, and I came right back. It was my chance to get some time with Becca, you know you didn't have to go in with us."

In a flash, Ollie raises the bat and thrashes it down hard, knocking me upside the head with it. If it were anything but a plush animal, it would have hurt, but it only shocks me into a stupor as the stuffed animal abruptly squeaks.

"YOU WERE WITH ME, NOT BECCA!" Genuine hurt filled anger shows up on Ollie's face. "She left you and is with another guy now, why can't you get that through your thick skull?"