Chapter 6: The Battle of Ostagar.

Lightning had flashed forward as rain also began to show. The King's army stood by the gorge. Ready to defend it if need be. Soldiers and archers, men and women all ready to stand fast against the threat. Mabari Hounds all barked loudly. And Chantry officials were giving their official prayers to nervous soldiers. 

Cailen, Duncan, and Qwark all walked up to one side, overlooking the entire army. 

"The Plan will work, Your Majesty." Duncan assured.

Cailen strode forth in his confidence. "Of course it will. The Blight ends here." 

"Still think we should've sent in Ratchet. Too bad his ship got toasted." Qwark commented. "Well, hard can this be? I've fought a bunch of creatures in Blackwater City. My body is in peak top physical condition. My mental aptitude is as hard as a rock." 

And that's when they all saw the Darkspawn. Grotesque creatures. A whole fog was surrounding them as they moved. The Darkspawn Commander stood at the top of a rock with a horned helmet. He roared to give his Darkspawn a rallying cry. And all the Darkspawn screeched like they were one epic voice of pure terror.

One soldier was about to back away. But another made him stand his post.

Cailen and Duncan also stood there. Except for Qwark who looked at his blaster and thought that he was going to need another shot.

The Darkspawn Commander made his troops charge forward. And like a massive tidal wave. They all charged forward. Just as predicted. 

"Archers!" Cailen ordered.

The Archers all stood ready with fire arrows. They fired their shots, killing many of the Darkspawn. But there were still many coming. "Hounds!" Cailen then ordered.

The Dogs all charged forward ready for the next attack. And they clashed with the Darkspawn inflicting casualties on both side. 

"For Ferelden!" Cailen ordered. And the army all charged forward. The two armies clashed.

The Darkspawn also shot their arrows and hurled rocks at the walls of Ostagar.

"Well... at least they aren't playing games." Ratchet commented to Alistair, while Talia was looking in awe at this whole battle.

"Let's cross the bridge, and get to the Tower!" Alistair yelled.

"Good call." Ratchet replied. "You know for once. I'm glad to be on this side." 

They crossed the bridge only and past all the groups of archers that were firing arrows and taking fire from Giant Rocks that were tossed at them like Catapults. 

"Look out!" Talia yelled. A huge rock was flung in their direction. Ratchet used his Charge Boots to dodge out of the way. Skrunch was riding on his back. Ratchet was also used to having something on his back. He did it all the time with Clank. 

But because Talia and Alistair didn't have charge boots. They had to take the long way around. And actually run. 

That was when they saw a Tower Soldier, and a Mage. "You. You're Grey Wardens aren't you?" The soldier asked.

"Yeah. What's the situation?" Ratchet asked.

"The Tower. It's been taken." The Soldier informed.

"What?" Talia asked.

"What are you talking about man? Taken how?" Alistair asked.

"The Darkspawn crawled up through the lower levels. They're everywhere. Most of our men are already dead." The Mage answered.