chapter ten

eight months later

-

"Alexander! I got it! I got that job as a classroom assistant!" Magnus said excitedly as he practically jumped into Alec's arms.

The two had been dating for almost a year now and they had fallen completely in love with eachother. Magnus was also a lot more confident and his nervous stutter was gone, he was slowly returning to his old self again.

In that year there had been countless makeout sessions, cuddles and dates. Magnus had even started sleeping in the same bed as Alec on a regular basis before he ended up moving in with the older man and they now shared an apartment together.

The only thing they hadn't done, was the sex step. Even just thinking about it still absolutely terrified him over a year after it happened.

"Mags, that's amazing! I know you wanted something where you got to work with children!" Alec exclaimed just as excitedly, he was over-the-moon happy for his boyfriend.

Alec picked Magnus up in a hug and spun him around, both of them laughing gleefully, before Alec let Magnus' feet touch the ground again.

He kissed him happily.

Magnus was just as eager and let it escalate to kissing with Alec's tongue roaming his mouth and then their tongues dancing together in a mesmerising and breathtaking way.

Alec's hands gently explored Magnus' body underneath his t-shirt, that was another thing the now twenty-three year old was comfortable with, and he reached the waistband of Magnus' jeans. Alec knew where the boundaries were so, respectfully, he stopped there and brought his hands back up away from the top of Magnus' jeans, his fingertips lightly tracing Magnus' spine.

That small gesture caused tingles on Magnus' skin and butterflies in his belly because Alec actually respected his boundaries and didn't completely ignore them, he didn't push Magnus any further than he was comfortable with either.

Once they were both thoroughly out of breath, high on eachother, they slowly pulled away from eachother. Magnus gazed into Alec's eyes as he gently played with the hair at the nape of the older man's neck. Alec's hands were resting gently on his waist as he looked back at him with just as much love.

"When do you start?" Alec asked him lovingly, still so proud of him for going out and getting another job after he left his previous employment a week after he was raped.

"October 24th, that's a Monday." Magnus responded. It was the tenth today so he had two full weeks to prepare himself before his contract of employment started.

"You know, I'm so proud of you." Alec said softly, gently brushing a piece of Magnus' hair out of his eyes.

"Why?" Magnus questioned, unsure as to what Alec had to be proud about.

"Because, you went out there and got a job for yourself. A job you're going to love doing, and all after you had to leave your last job after what Lorenzo did to you. You need to start recognising your own accomplishments, Magnus." Alec explained, gently taking Magnus' hands in his own. He noticed the black nail polish applied on his nails now.

The younger man was becoming more comfortable with himself and his body again. He had started painting his nails matte black again, his nails always seemed as though they were freshly painted which Alec knew wasn't true. He had seen Magnus applying nail polish so he knew first hand that the theory that they were constantly fresh was a lie.

"You know... I really can't promise the world and nor can I give it to you." Magnus said softly, his voice conveying almost undetectable sadness. Alec, of course, picked up on it almost immediately, he had learned to read Magnus like his favourite book.

"Magnus, I don't care. I don't want the world, I want you." Alec explained softly, squeezing Magnus' hands as a reassurance.

"I know that you aren't quite at the stage where you love yourself, but I promise to plant kisses like seeds on your body so that in time, you can grow to love yourself as much as I do." Alec reassured him softly, making sure that Magnus understood every sincere word that he just said.

Alec gently rested his forehead against Magnus', conveying that he truly meant every word he had just uttered. Magnus had never experienced such sweet and caring words towards him (before meeting Alec) and he was fighting off tears of happiness with every second. Alec was truly something else, something that Magnus knew he had to treasure. Genuine and good-intentioned souls like Alec's were rare.

"Now about the job you just got hired for, you'll make the best classroom assistant in the whole of New York. Everyone will want you to look after their children. My adopted brother included." Alec explained softly after a few moments of comfortable silence, Magnus laughed lightly and then hugged Alec tightly, resting his head against the older man's shoulders.

"I would love to look after your nephew. Having someone as renowned as Jace Herondale recommending my services to other people chair would be an honour." Magnus said teasingly, trying to put his mask back on (Alec knew that his walls would crack soon though, and he would always be there to hold Magnus tightly), as he gazed up into Alec's eyes and rested his hands on the taller man's neck, gently playing with the longer pieces of hair.

"All of my siblings adore you as much as I do. They won't leave you alone now that you're going to be a classroom assistant." Alec responded, smiling at his ridiculous siblings. Alec gently leaned down and captured Magnus' lips in a kiss that said everything they couldn't verbalise, it was soft, sweet and slow, just telling Magnus that Alec was the one who was designed for him.

They loved eachother so unbelievably much, and nothing in the world could ever change that.

Nothing would ever tear them apart.

-

[1004 Words]