chapter five

It had been a month since Alec had taken Magnus to Breadstix that night and they had been on countless dates since then, doing nothing more than holding hands and the occasional cheek kiss. Alec only ever did what Magnus was comfortable with and slowly but surely they were becoming more comfortable and affectionate with eachother.

Alec had even hugged Magnus from behind once, but Magnus wasn't comfortable with it at that point in time so Alec said that he would wait. What did he do to deserve Alec?

Magnus, on the other hand, knew how much Alec cared about him so he finally felt ready to take a big step in their relationship; asking Alec to kiss him for the first time. He was terrified at the thought but knew Alec would be respectful and caring, as always.

The older man was coming to meet him today at a museum and Magnus knew he wanted to kiss Alec for the first time today. Magnus' friend Catarina drove him to the museum and reassured him that it would it would all be okay, she had been rooting for him and Alec since the very first date.

Alec was there waiting for him with the pre-booked tickets. Alec took his hand gently once they met eachother on the steps of the grand museum and greeted him a light kiss on the cheek.

Their hands remained tangled together the whole time they were looking at the exhibitions inside the museum and they even got some food together in the café that the museum had. Alec insisted on spoiling Magnus and paid for everything.

Magnus was definitely feeling something more than a crush for Alec. He didn't know what it was and it was terrifying for him to feel something so new and so strong, so he brushed it aside and focused on enjoying his day with Alec.

After they did everything in the museum, Alec thought it could be fun to do some shopping as he had yet to get a gift for Isabelle. Magnus agreed and they headed for the highstreet. No one even batted an eyelid about them obviously being a couple and it made Magnus smile that society didn't care that two men were... dating? Are they dating? They haven't had that conversation yet. They're not boyfriends, but they have been seeing eachother.

Magnus looked up at Alec who was looking in shop windows and thought to himself how beautiful he was. Now was his opportunity to ask him to kiss him. Don't blow it, Magnus.

"Alexander, I-I uhm..." Magnus started, trailing off from nervousness towards the end.

Alec's concern was instantly switched on and he gently squeezed Magnus' hand from where he was holding it, fingers interlaced together like they usually do.

"Mags, are you alright? Is something wrong?" Alec asked him softly, not wanting to have done something wrong, something to upset the man he cared so much about.

"Nothing, I just- I want you to kiss me." Magnus said, nervousness heavy in his voice and fear in his eyes.

"Magnus, are you sure? We don't have to do anything like that right now if you're not ready." Alec confirmed, not wanting to push Magnus too far when he had already come so far in his recovery.

"I-I know. I want to. I have to p-push myself to get b-better." Magnus responded, his old nervous and fearful stutter coming back.

"Look up at me and tell me you want this. I don't want to push you too far." Alec said softly, stopping just beside a fountain where less people were around.

"I want this." Magnus explained, surety in his voice as he looked up into Alec's eyes, a little more confident now.

Alec wordlessly slipped his free arm around Magnus' waist and pulled him closer, against his chest. Gently, he captured Magnus' lips in a soft kiss that was full of love and compassion. Magnus' stomach erupted into butterflies once he started to kiss Alec back, it was the absolute best feeling in the world. He felt like he was flying. After a few seconds, Alec barely pulled away, his breath ghosting over Magnus' lips.

"You okay?" Alec whispered to Magnus, who was floating on cloud nine. He never knew what it was like to kiss someone who he liked as much as Alec. The younger man nodded quickly before Alec reconnected their lips.

Magnus' hand hesitantly rested on Alec's arm, keeping him close so that this moment could last forever, he never wanted it to end. Alec's lips were soft against his and he wasn't pushing him too far, this was exactly how Magnus had imagined this going. He knew Alec would respect his wishes and go slowly.

Once Magnus was out of breath, he pulled away, gazing into Alec's warm chocolate coloured eyes. He still couldn't quite believe that the man in front of him was actually interested in him.

"That was..." Alec started, unable to finish as he hugged Magnus close as a way of showing him that it was okay.

"Amazing?" Magnus finished shyly, a questioning in his voice. He hoped Alec felt the same way. His worries were erased once Alec smiled softly, setting butterflies fluttering through his stomach.

He was still getting used to Alec's treatment of him. It was as though he was a human being, not an object.

"After that, I'd like to talk to you about something, Magnus." Alec explained softly, still hugging Magnus close against the December chill.

"This word might sound scary; boyfriend. If you don't want to put a label on anything just yet, tell me and we can wait a little longer. If you do, however, I'm asking you to be my boyfriend." Alec explained lovingly, that word terrified the living daylights out of Magnus but, he couldn't deny that calling Alec his boyfriend felt right.

"I would like to be your boyfriend." Magnus responded, smiling at his words and looking into Alec's eyes, seeing nothing but happiness.

"Are you sure?" Alec asked happily, but still seeking confirmation, gently tilting Magnus' chin up to look into his eyes.

"Yes, I'm sure." Magnus responded with a small giggle as Alec leaned closer to kiss him again.

Their noses pressed together as they kissed for the second time that day. The moment was made so much more magical by the snowflakes that started falling from the sky, landing in their hair and eyelashes.

"Well then, boyfriend, what do you say we go home and watch a Christmas movie. Your choice?" Alec asked after he pulled away from the kiss, giving Magnus a teasing expression, earning a small laugh from the other man.

The two laughed all the way back to Alec's car and they headed back to his apartment to watch a Christmas movie of Magnus' choosing.

In this case: Home Alone.

-

[1151 Words]