Chapter 27: One Step Ahead

Start from the beginning

"It's weird to confirm something that isn't true" Lisa reads the comments on an article on naver while sitting on the swivel chair. Most of them supported their relationship, but there were also some who disapproved.

Jungkook laughed at her

"Why are you laughing?" Lisa asked him.

"I know right? It's weird" he said "I never knew I'd be announcing my first girlfriend to the public" he said while watching the skyscrapers.

"Dude, we ain't real" she creased her brows.

"It would be better if you already accept this as it is Lisa" "It  might slip out your tongue that we ain't real to people if you kept on saying it isn't real" Jungkook said. "It would be dangerous for our career"

"We aren't those contract relationships in kdrama that hate each other's company" "We are friends, don't hesitate to show off to people how close we are, now that they believe us to be dating" He leaned his body to the side of the table near her.

"Should I call you baby as well?" Jungkook laughed.

"You don't have to if you don't want to"Jungkook told her. "treat me like how you treat Yoongi Hyung, maybe?"

"Like my brother?"

"Yes baby" he said and before long he received a message from his manager "Let's go" he reached out for her hand.

"Where are we going?" She asked him, taking his hand and stand up from the chair.

"Time to show off my girlfriend to the fans" Lisa widened her eyes as both of them started walking towards the elevator and descended to the ground floor of the building.

As soon as they arrived on the ground floor, the swarm of reporters, and their fans saw them holding hands, the whole place roared.

"Oh my god Jungkook" Lisa halted him exiting the elevator.

"What's wrong?" He asked her, as he signaled their securities, to give them a way to his sports car that had been waiting for them outside.

"People" she looked at the people gathered outside the building "There's a lot of people" she said.

"Hey" he faced her, pressing the button of the elevator to keep it open for another seconds.

"It's gonna be alright" "I'm with you, remember?" Jungkook took a step back after he held both of her hands going out of the elevator slowly.

And after some time, both of them faced the crowd, walking towards the swarm. Jungkook pulled his hand away to grab her tiny waist, securing her closer to his side before they went outside where everyone was waiting for them.

Jungkook! Lisa! Look here!!

When exactly did you two start dating?!

Please take good care of Jungkook Lisaaa!

I hate you unnie! You cheated on me with Jungkook

Lisa! I can take care of you better!

Jungkook! Why did you do this to meee!

Jungkook heaves a deep breath knowing that it was their adorable fan, and not some possessive fans who would throw things at them and soon after trying to get out of the swarm, Jungkook assisted Lisa to sit on his passenger seat then hurriedly went to the driver's seat.

They waved their hands for the last time to the loud squealing fans. He started the car engine and both of them left the building in peace.

She remembered how his tight his grip on her tiny waist tightened the moment they walked past the swarm, and how his other arm protected her from people. She contained herself from flashing a smile, enamored from his protectiveness even if it was just an act she knew the man would find it a little sketchy if she did.