I nodded in acknowledgement, wondering what the same as it always is meant but not prying. "It was fun as always, though i'd actually made this crap custard and now I came home and was trying to perfect it." I told him as I took another mouthful.

"How is it?"

I smiled and turned to look to him, pointing to the pot.

"You can taste it if you'd like?"

He blinked and my smiled softened, wanting to coax him to taste it but instead of deciding to get a bowl he did the unthinkable.

He leaned forward, and he fucking kissed me.

I was so shocked that my lips parted and he let his tongue roam my mouth once, a slow swirl that made me whimper softly before he moved back, leaving me gaping at him, my hands fisting on my sides to keep me from pulling him back in to me.

"You're right." He briefly swiped his tongue over his bottom lip. "It does taste good."

I swear my brain had just momentarily stopped working.

"Or you just taste good."

"Emrhys." I hissed, wiping my lips even if I didn't want to and his eyes lingered on the motion. I had nothing else to say to him.

And thankfully he didn't say anything about my evident fluster. 

I ate the rest of the custard in my bowl and put the excess away before I looked to the time, it was nearing nine now, and even if it wasn't really late, all I wanted to do was sleep.

After wiping down the counter I snuck a peak at Rhys who'd been watching me the entire time, as usual. "You know, you give off serial killer vibes."

The ends of his lips quirked upward. "How?"

"Just." Truthfully I felt a little shy to admit that he always seemed to be staring at me. I had no idea what he was thinking when he did it either, maybe I shouldn't know.

"I can assure you, I don't have the time to be going on killing sprees sweetheart."

That made me giggle softly. "That doesn't mean you haven't thought about doing it, which is equally as concerning."

He shrugged and I snorted at his nonchalantness.

"Okay well im gonna go sleep, so you can go home now, thank you for checking on me." I said, shooing him away with my hands and he rolled his eyes lazily.

I walked him out, noting the rain hadn't calmed as soon as I opened the door.

I think it actually got heavier because lightning struck, startling me causing me to jump back a little, just for my back to come in contact with his front.

"Or not." I mumbled as I turned around and faced him.

"Its just rain." He said but I wasn't gonna let him leave when it was raining cats and dogs and practically the entire animal kingdom out there.

"Im not that mean." I stated with a roll of my eyes as I closed the door behind me. He mumbled something inaudible along the lines of, you're never mean.