Chapter 13

"Thank you guys for helping me with this." I said as we walked into a currently unused board room, the girls clutching their laptops to their chests and they scoffed in unison.

"We love it." Kauai said, a pin in her shirt with her name on it catching my eyes and I noticed Kiana had one too, the only two employees here with name tags, probably because they looked like two exact mirrored images.

"Really?"

Kiana nodded. "We sometimes help with the events for the company but we like our job with Ambrose too much to move over to the event management department."

I smiled softly, I was a little bit happy that he wasn't an asshole like Rhys seemed to be.

"What does Rhys do anyway?" I questioned as I sat down at the head chair, propping my elbows on the table top as they took out notebooks from either side of me, Kiana on my left and Kauai on my right.

"Mr Blackburn?"

I nodded.

"CFO."

That actually suited him, he seemed like someone who'd snap everyones necks off if he had to be the CEO, but he also seemed like someone who could handle the overall company extremely well in his hands, just would be pissed at the people every second of the day.

"But he works a lot with Ambrose since he's COO and then Adair- uh im not sure if you know him, but he's Blackburn's older half brother, he's the CEO."

I took note of how they referred to Ambrose and the brother- Adair, by their names but with Rhys by his last name.

Blackburn.

A little inappropriate heat ran up my body, over my spine, to shoulders and over to my cheeks at that for some inexplicable reason.

I cleared my throat hoping it'd clear my head too, inwardly scolding myself, but hey, a woman had eyes, it didn't mean anything, just hormones.

If anything I thought he was a real jerk, especially after his little comment about me always being here and his constant blank looks.

"So what color schemes is the bakery?" Kauai asked and I began to name the pastel colors, pale blue, pale green and pale pink, in that pastelly look.

I also showed her pictures i'd taken just incase and they gushed causing me to grin proudly with a blush.

"Its so pretty already." Kiana said, taking the phone in her hand and I smiled. "Thank you so much." I replied and she nodded as she passed me the phone back.

"Since its colorful do you wanna do something casual? Not too busy? Just comfortable?"

I suppose so, I didn't want to go too off theme with my original bakery, not have something too formal and so I nodded.

We searched through Pinterest pictures together and found some pretty ideas and not too casual but not at all formal, it was all coming together and admittedly looked quite good too.

Hours began passing and when we were done with writing down ideas and printing pictures and searching places on where to get the stuff we'd wanted we decided we desperately needed lunch and went downstairs and crossed over the road to get to a cafe over the busy city street.

The three of just getting cheese, tomato and pesto croissants, the two girls getting latte's whilst I got a strawberry smoothie.