"Listen, you freak mutant-" he starts, taking a step towards me.

"That's enough." Jacob snaps. As he leads the way out of his office, Slade following him, I send him a wink and he hits into my shoulder. Johnny's hand disappears from my shoulder for a second as he tries to avoid colliding with Slade. When I feel his hand on my shoulder again, I follow after them.

The elevator is where I become the most nervous. Both Jacob and Slade take the middle of the elevator and both Johnny and Jesse have to let go of my shoulders in order to avoiding bumping into either guy. I lean against the wall near the level pad in front of them as Jacob presses 0D on the pad. All I can do is cross my fingers in hope that both Johnny and Jesse made it onto the elevator.

When we exit, I only feel one hand placed on my left should. On my other shoulder I can feel the ghost of a hand that I know belonged to Jesse. I'm the last to enter a small, dark room with chairs set neatly in rows facing the large, tinted window, giving us all a clear view of the woman strapped to a chair. Johnny's hand tightens on my shoulder at the sight of her. This is the first time he's seen Amee while knowing the truth of their relations. Even from here it has become easier to notice her dark roots as her hair is draped about her shoulders.

Jacob leads us through the second door in the room and down some steps before we each line up before her. Her face is pale but set stone cold as she glares up at us.

"Hello, Jenny," Jacob starts casually, as if we are gathered for a coffee instead of to witness her death. "Or would you prefer Amee now?" Her jaw moves barely before she spits at him, landing a disgusting sight on his knee. Jacob sighs, as if disappointed before continuing. "Jenny, there are some questions I would like you to answer, and I think if you knew what was coming your way, you'd want to answer them as well, for I promise that if you cooperate, this will be so much easier on your part." Amee doesn't make a reply so Jacob goes on. "Over the past few months, a few I.O.E. vehicles have been ambushed and we know that it is a Deviant involved in the act. Does any of this relate to you?"

"Go f*** yourselves," she mutters. Slade then steps up and shoves her chin upward, so she's forced to look at him.

"You remember me, princess?" He whispers. I see Amee's fists clenched tightly, and my shoulder is beginning to ach. I'm caught off guard when Amee smiles at him, something sinister and wicked, as if he were the one in the chair.

"Yes, sweetheart. I remember you," she whispers. Slade shifts her face to the side, examining her, before she jerks her head away from him. He stands straight, gripping her shoulder then her bicep, as if she's a piece of meat he is testing to see if it meets his standards. He whacks his hand in her diaphragm, but not hard, just enough to see how short her wind is. He then walks around her, examining her from different angles, a sick gleam in his eyes; that is until they widen with slight surprise. He reaches to her throat and grabs the chain to her ugly, green rock necklace, pulling it until the rock is between his fingers. He then bursts out laughing before tossing her back to her chest. He then reaches over her shoulder and grips at one of her breasts, still a sick smile on his face. Amee is red with hatred as Slade chuckles and steps back in his place. I can feel Johnny shaking with rage.

"She's filled out some," he says, snarling at her. Jacob sighs, unimpressed.

"Will that help us get questions answered?" He says lazily. Slade steps forwards again, roughly gripping a handful of Amee's hair right at the scalp and jerks it left and right a few times.

"I don't know, maybe if we chopped off her pretty locks," he says with an ugly grin. He forces her to look at him again. "Do you remember that, princess?" He says, then makes the noise of a hair buzzer. My shoulder is suddenly relieved from Johnny's death grip and I hold my breath, begging him not to do anything. I shouldn't have brought him. He isn't going to be able to stomach watching her suffer for the amount of time that Jesse needs.

Slade laughs again, giving her head another shake and then slapping her almost playfully before stepping away. I suddenly go rigid when I feel a hand grip my left knee. I glance at Jacob, my palms sweating, trying to calm my heart. Johnny, what are you doing?

"I don't think you'd find this so humorous if I wasn't as disabled as you," Amee comments. That seems to strike a nerve in Slade and he's about to make her suffer when Jacob holds his hand up, stopping him.

"Jenny, please," he tries as a last attempt. Then fingers creep into my boot. I cautiously try to move away but Johnny's grip tightens painfully. He grabs hold of the Extraction and I can no longer help myself. I glance down at my boot to barely catch a glimpse of the syringe before it disappears in thin air. I release the breath that I didn't know I was holding as I miss Amee's short reply.

Jacob turns and leads us back into the viewing room. He stops on the steps when he realizes I don't follow.

"Is there something you wanted to say, Raevon?" He asks. I look at Amee over my shoulder. Grab my shoulder, Johnny. Grab my shoulder. I silently beg. He doesn't. I let out another breath before looking at Amee's torturer.

"Take it slow," I say to him. "Don't rush while cutting her hair." I glance at Amee, willing her to forgive me. While it will be miserable for her, she won't be in any physical pain. "It'll be more traumatic," I say, before turning and following Jacob, closing the door behind me.

I stand in the back- as I don't think I'd be able to calm myself enough to sit- and watch as the interrogator grabs a pair of scissors, a handful of Amee's hair and, as I directed, slowly starts snipping away. Every once in a while, she flinches, but she never sheds a tear and never looks at the window. It's slow, but careless as her hair is left short and uneven. No one comments on anything until Amee suddenly flinches in her chair when her interrogator isn't anywhere near her. My heart jumps with dread as I glance at the back of Jacob's head.

"What was that?" Jacob asks. Slade scoffs.

"She's a mental case," he says, almost bored. I breath in relief as Jacob takes Slade's comment, but I can see the glimmer of hope that ignites behind her gray-gold eyes. Johnny communicated with her somehow.

A/N:

Thoughts on this chapter? 😬 you all finally met Slade 😶

So I'm sorry if these next author notes might be short and stupid, I'm slightly distracted 😅