jungkook 'hmmed' and stared at the wide space in front of him. he closed his eyes to let the breeze take his mind away. he felt calm.

he tried to not think of biters that could potentially come to the home, or enemies lurking in the shadows.

he was peaceful right now and didn't want anything to ruin that.

as taehyung spaced out, he thought of a little kid playing in the grass. having the time of his life and laughing any bad thoughts away.

the kid smiled and grabbed his sister, both running through the tall grass as graceful as ever. the kids looked at each other with giggles, nothing but innocence in the smiles.

the person they were running to stood with a proud grin. those kids were his and he couldn't be happier. the kids got closer and closer and slammed into his embrace.

taehyung opened his eyes and realized that the man hugging his kids was him. kim taehyung.

"what was your nightmare about?" jungkook broke taehyung out of his wishing trance.

"oh, uh... nothing much." he rubbed his knees.

"didn't seem like nothing. you gasped like you were dying." jungkook looked to the right of him, staring at the black haired male.

taehyung bit his bottom lip before responding, "it was about kai. he was killing a group of people i couldn't recognize. but, it hurt me. i was crying and then he went to me. he strangled me and i almost died. that was when i woke up."

there was a long silence that made taehyung uncomfortable. he wondered if he seemed crazy or stupid for telling this leader his nightmare.

"he won't hurt you again." the silence was broken.

taehyung looked at jungkook in curiosity. was jungkook insisting that he would protect him? that was crazy, right?

jungkook hates him, doesn't he? he would kill him if he had the chance.

the two males stared at each other, somehow communicating through their eyes. taehyung didn't know what to think. jungkook didn't want to say the wrong words.

"i used to have nightmares like that too." jungkook turned away and stared at the crowded trees past the gate.

"i still have them sometimes. but, being with this group helped that. maybe they'll help you too." he finished.

"maybe." taehyung replied.

nothing but the chirping of the birds and pressure of the wind was heard after.

"what are you thinking about?" jimin curiously asked as he watched yoongi stare at the closed front door.

"those two are getting along better than i thought." he turned to face jimin, him leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"so?" jimin tapped his foot.

yoongi chuckled, "it's nothing. take a shower with me?"

jimin hid his cheeky smile by quickly walking past yoongi to their shared room, yoongi following behind with a knowing grin on his face.

jin sighed, "those two."

"they're cute." namjoon commented, his arms around jin.

"they make me sick. anyways, i was thinking about finding a library around here. maybe some survival books or just something i can read. you wanna come?" hoseok looked at namjoon, knowing of his love for books.

"sure. i'll be back." joon kissed jin's cheek and stood up.

as he started to walk after hoseok, he felt a tug on his arm.