Chapter 12

Hey all! Sorry for not having any other updates over the week. I've been finalizing the plot for both my stories as I have other ideas coming up and I want to finish these two before doing others.

Otherwise, enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boasting about his mate to Agnar and Dakota, had felt good. After explaining his theory regarding his mate, Ekon had finally shifted into his powerful lion form. He sped off on his way to hunt breakfast.

He felt much better now that he had at least shown off to a few other males. Males who would envy him. Though, he was still far from satisfied.

Though, he wondered why August's mating mark was of his beastman form rather than his beast form. Weren't mating marks usually of the beast rather than the beastman? Maybe it was due to August's role as the 'cub carrier' between the two? Though, even that didn't quite make sense as even females had a beast form.

He was curious of what sort of creature his precious mate was. August had not followed the customary introduction and as such had only said his name, omitting his clan.

Ekon's brain soon replaced all logical thoughts and questions with lewd memories of his mate.

His thoughts a happy mess of a newly mated male, Ekon nearly pranced off in search of prey. He was a gleeful male.

---

Finally rousing from his nest of furs, August was beginning to wonder what was taking Ekon so long. He vaguely remembered being told to stay in the hut before the male left. However, he was starting to feel an acute hunger. Not to mention that he felt rather greasy, itchy, crusty and smelly. He seriously needed a wash.

He didn't even want to think about what was making him feel itchy. Ekon had not let him wash before or after their activities.

Waiting around for Ekon with nothing but his own body odder and discomfort to distract him from his hunger was going to be torturous. Not wanting to torment himself, August decided that he'd go in search of a water source to wash while he waited.

Either way, Lions had a good sense of smell, right? Wouldn't he simply be able to sniff him out? Probably. Afterall, Ekon was part lion. Or was a lion? He didn't exactly know... But oh well.

He felt that his cloths and climbing gear would stand out too much. Hence, he picked out a large fur that wasn't too rough, nor too thick and tied one corner over a shoulder. Not wanting the fur to flap around in any unsuspecting gusts of wind, he ripped a strip from another hide and wrapped it around his waist. His getup looked a lot like an unrefined toga, very similar to those used by the Greeks. Just that his was made of fur rather than fine cloth.

Satisfied with his getup, off he went on his adventure.

It was still somewhat early in the morning and the air was cool and fresh. August had chosen to not wear shoes, so he was enjoying the feeling of the crisp, dewy grass between in toes. He followed beside the beaten down path, rather than on it simply so that he could enjoy the fresh green blades.

A few minutes into his walk, August realized that he had no idea where he was going. Maybe leaving without Ekon was not the brightest idea. No matter, he continued to wonder around, while following the trail. He passed a few huts, each as shabby if not dingier than Ekon's. Some of the huts were made with wood pikes stuck into the ground as walls and dried mud smeared in the cracks. Others had the roof built directly on the ground, more like a camp shelter than a hut.

He assumed that the roofs where made using a wooden frame with other sticks and branches tied on before being layered with leaves and straw. The whole thing created a triangle shape.