Chapter 9

Ekon awoke early the next morning. He'd laid awake most of the night enjoying August cuddled up to him. Currently he had the female sprawled across his chest, her gentle breaths fanning his peck.

He now knew for a fact that August was a female. How else could she wear his mating mark so beautifully? It had been the first thing he had checked for upon coming back to himself. Luckily, he hadn't needed to wait till first light to check, thanks to his feline heritage.

Tracing the smooth lines of the roaring lion imprinted on his female's right shoulder blade, Ekon let out a content purr. His tail leisurely tangled in her legs.

The rumbling from August's pillow brought him back from his slumber. His muscles were stiff. He felt like he'd been run over by a freight truck. Not to mention that it felt like he had a phantom something shoved up his ass. Groaning, he tried to stretch only to have a searing pain shoot up from his rear neither regions. Confused by the pain and exhausted, he snuggled back into the smooth, warm surface.

Feeling his female stir, Ekon looked down at her with affection shinning in his golden eyes. "My female," he began with a deep gentle voice, his words a purr. He was unable to keep himself from petting her back.

"NOT a female." Interrupted August in a grumbled voice filled with sleep. He remembered what or rather who that truck was.

"Oh, but you are." Ekon smoothly replied with much patience.

"I proved to you just last night that I. AM. NOT. A. FEMALE." Even with a raspy voice, August managed to sound convincing. Almost. He attempted to push himself up only to be pulled back down onto the hard chest by a pair of strong arms.

Ekon's tail flicked against his legs. The tip tickling August's thighs.

"Then why do you wear my mating mark as proof on your right shoulder blade?" The content lion man replied smugly.

Wanting to see said 'proof' for himself, August craned his head while asking, "What craziness are you going on ab-"His eyes became the size of saucers, at sight of a roaring lion clearly printed onto the skin of said shoulder blade. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!? That's not chill!"

Noticing that his female was getting worked up, Ekon explained, "It's the mating mark that I had been telling you about. Only – "

"I did not give you permission to tattoo me in my sleep! H-How could you do that to someo- "

This time it was Ekon's turn to interrupt August. In a slightly raised voice, he continued, "As I was saying, only males can place one on a female when he mates her." Happy to have finally finished what he wanted to say, he gave his August a small squeeze and nuzzled her tangled hair.

Finally registering what the beastman had said, August froze. How could he react? He was male, he had the bits to prove it! "But I'm not female..." He muttered in protest.

Locking eyes, Ekon watched as the female's globes filled with unshed tears, transforming the otherwise gray expanse into liquid silver.

Feeling that his female was emotionally distraught, Ekon petted her head in a manner he hopped to be soothing.

"My Female," Ekon started, his ears disappearing in his main as they flattened against his head.

"August."

"My August, I will go hunt us some food." He said as he lifted his frail female off of himself and tucked her back into the furs. "I will be back." Ekon hoped feeding his new mate some food would cheer her up.

Just as Ekon was turning to leave, August caught sight of something on the male's arm that he was sure had not been there before. "Hey, what's that?" He sat up wincing at the pain, reaching towards Ekon's left arm.

Waning to please his female, Ekon obediently brought his arm in front of the female. He kept his sight trained on the female, curious as to what had piqued her interest.

Whatever it was, Ekon was greatful that she was touching him of her own will.

Turning the beefy arm in his grasp, August's eyes widened into saucers for the second time that morning. "W.T.F! When did you get this?!" He exclaimed in pure shock.

Frowning, Ekon turned his arm to see what had his female, once again, so distraught. There, on his left upper bicep was his female's face. "How odd..." Soon he was hit with realization.

Immediately the lion-man was filled with glee, "Oh my lovely mate, you must be a female and a male!" His female – no, mate – had been right. Ekon grinned with his new realization.

"I'm not a female." August looked at the image again and began to recognize himself and frowned. "I don't look like that."

Ekon let out a belly deep laugh, "Not right now, but that's exactly what you looked like last night right as you climaxed, clenching down around me while I-" The rest of his sentence was muffled by August's hands covering his mouth.

"SHUT UP!" August had all but combusted at Ekon's vulgar explanation. Taking his hands off of the male's face, he pointed at the offensive image. "and cover that!"

"No way!" Ekon shot back. "I will not cover the proof that I own my fe- mate exclusively!" He flexed his arm pridefully admiring the new mark that now adorned his flesh.

"You want others to see my O face?!?" August exclaimed in pure mortification. If anyone saw that thing on the brute's arm, he was sure he would die of shame. He'd never be able to show his face in public again. Only just remembering the last part of what Ekon had said, "And why wouldn't you have your mate exclusively to yourself?"

Ekon drew his eyebrows together, and cocking his head, "You must be from far away... Females here never have just one male. They have as many as they want." Ekon explained solemnly. "The fact that I wear your mating mark and that you wear mine, means that we are exclusively each other's."

Still not understanding, August asked, "Why don't the females give mating marks to their men?"

"Females can't give mating marks, as much as males can't receive mating marks from other males. A male can only give one mating mark in his whole life, and that mark can only be given to a mate he can reproduce with." Ekon elaborated. "That is why I suspect that you are both a female, because you can receive my mark, and a male seeing how you left your mating mark on me." He purposefully chose to not mention that he suspected that it was possible for August to conceive cubs. He had a feeling it would cause his small mate to fret. It would be a topic for another time.

Shocked by the beastman's explanation, August was silent until Ekon got up to leave. "Don't think that I forgot about you covering that abomination!" He all but growled out, his voice still gravelly from their activities the night before.

---------------------

Hope ppl enjoyed their post-coitus chapter. I sure had a few giggles while writing.

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed, please tap that sexy star. <3

Oct. 20, 2021

Edit uploaded June 14, 2023