Waters

The ocean waters were strong. There was no guarantee of one's safety. It hadn't been a while since everyone left the land; Estrid looked worried as she held onto Sophia's left arm. "We're going to be okay, Estrid. Have faith, and we'll make it through," Sophia said as she gently squeezed her hand.

The women sat at the back of the boat and watched Ragnar and his men tending the ship. Sophia would watch Ragnar confidently lead his men and eying the ocean. His confidence gave his people hope. Time went on, and it soon became night. The boat all kept on, but the waves were becoming more assertive. Estrid would yelp or scream whenever the boat clashed with the waves. "Estrid, calm yourself. We will be okay!" That was when Sophia noticed a couple of ropes, which gave her an idea. The young woman went to get it, and someone stepped on the rope as she got hold of them.

It was Lagertha. "What do you think you are doing?"

"My friend is becoming anxious. I want to use this to tie her to the boat when the waters get stronger."

Lagertha glared at her while kicking the rope away. "We might need those. Your friend must gather her courage to overcome any obstacle."

Sophia was about to respond, but a big wave made the boat go upward, making the women almost lose balance. "The rope looks small to be used for anything in the boat. I want it for my friend so she doesn't get swept by the ocean."

The shieldmaiden walked to me and stood in front of Sophia. "We need those ropes." The women were the same height, but Sophia couldn't say she wasn't intimidated. Lagertha was known in history to be a strong warrior and faced many strong foes. Sophia could not imagine how many battles she participated in and the many people she killed. She knew Lagertha was not to be trifled with, but Estrid could only come to mind.

"I understand, but my friend needs it more. I will never forgive myself if something were to happen to her. She-" Sophia was interrupted when Ragnar stood between them; he wasn't happy.

"Lagertha, we need you by the ropes."

"This woman here thinks that she can take whatever she likes. We need these ropes in case one of the ropes is lost."

"Ragnar, these ropes are too small for anything, but I need them for Estrid. She is scared of being swept by the waters. I don't care what happens to me. All I want is for her to be safe. That's all."

Ragnar looked at Sophia for a while and motioned Largetha to step away. He got a hold of the rope and gave it to Sophia. "You are right that the rope is small, but even the smallest things can make a difference. You and your friend helped me escape, but don't make me regret my decision."

Sophia let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you. I promise that you won't regret it." She got the ropes and went to Estrid, who held onto the boat as the waves strengthened. The rope was tied to her waist. "Come here." Sophia motioned her to one of the many wooden poles of the boat and ensured double ties onto the pole. "You'll be safe, Estrid. I'll make sure that nothing happens." Sophia almost lost balance as waves rocked the boat and water splashes drenched me. Estrid let out a scream as she was also soaked. She wanted to cry, but her friend sat beside her and put her arm around her. I

Ragnar watched Sophia with Estrid. Even with the strong currents, Sophia wasn't deterred. All she focused on was her friend. He saw what had happened between her and Lagertha. Ragnar knew how strong and stubborn his wife was. Sophia also had a sense of stubbornness but only used it for certain circumstances.

Sophia stood against Lagertha, which many wouldn't dream of doing; Sophia did so regardless. All the young woman thought about was Estrid and her safety. He watched as Sophia protected Estrid. His thoughts were interrupted. "You are becoming too kind to those women, husband. Are you trying to repay your debt?"

He glared at her. "If it weren't for the certain plans of others, then I wouldn't have to repay a debt. Isn't that true, wife?"

Lagertha bit her lower lip as she went to help the others tend the boat. Ragnar glanced at Sophia and Estrid as he finally returned to his position.