The Joy of a Parent

Makoto POV

Yasuhiro's prediction didn't take long to spread across the media. Some looked at the bright side and were happy, other's didn't. Many feared that the dead villains will come back to terrorize the world. Many rumours spread, but we mostly ignored them.

Shuichi had lived in the mansion for about 2 weeks now. Byakuya and Sonia have already taken a huge liking to him, actually, everyone has. He got along well with Maki too. Maki was still very quiet though and her glares were very similar to Izuru's, scary.

Shuichi was practically perfect; sweet; well-behaved and absolutely adorable. He has already demonstrated a large amount of intelligence for such a young kid. He was like the perfect baby. He behaved very differently from what I expected babies to, I can't put my finger on it. He's like the light in our lives, Shuichi makes everyone happy. I wonder what he'll be like when he grows up. I can't wait until Komaru meets him, she loves kids.

After taking off the cloth that he was wrapped in to bathe him, we finally saw Shuichi's full appearance. Shuichi has dark blue hair, gleaming gold eyes and light skin. He was already quite chubby, not fat like some other babies I've seen, just chubby enough to add to his already huge cute factor.

He was practically abandoned at our doorstep, meaning his parents couldn't take care of him. Byakuya planned to adopt him and make him the future heir to the Togami Empire. Sonia on the other hand (who, for a future queen, still doesn't have a spouse) wanted Shuichi to be her little prince. Even Gundam adored him, so did the Four Dark Devas of Destruction, thank gosh Shuichi's young, or Gundam would have already exposed him to the presence of many different dangerous animals, not that he isn't planning to. Other than them, everyone else planned on teaching him about their talents when he was older.  This kid is going to have one hell of a life.

Mikan had already taken a small blood sample to try to find his biological parents. It's been a while, she should be back today to tell us about him. As Shuichi was giggling with Sonia on the couch, the door burst open and Mikan collapsed inside, landing in an incredibly awkward pose (to which I covered my eyes). Shuichi leaned in closer to Sonia, hugging her tightly, earning a large "Awww" from the ladies. Kazuichi was sitting in a corner, trying to look jealous but failing. Hinata and Nagito weren't here, they were somewhere else with their daughter. Akane and Nekomaru were also gone... training they said. Toko's with Komaru somewhere fighting, Teruteru's in the kitchen cooking for everyone and Yasuhiro's in his room, making more predictions. The Ultimate Imposter's absent too.

"Oi! Pig-barf's here," Hiyoko said, pointing at the poor girl on the floor. "Still such a klutz."

"Here you go, sweetie," Ibuki said, helping Mikan up and smiling at her. Mikan smiled back.

"That's kind of cute," Kyoko muttered. I smiled at her in response. 

"Mikan? How's the test going?" I ask. I use my hand to gesture

"U-um... actually" Mikan stuttered. "Shuichi is... d-different..."

"What do you mean different?" Kyoko asked. 

"Hey, don't put on that face! You're making me nervous!" Aoi whined. Everyone was listening now. I can see Shuichi asleep in Sonia's arms.

All the eyes on her seemed to make Mikan even more nervous. "U-umm... Shuichi i-isn't h-human!" she managed to yell out. She quickly covered her mouth with her hands, then bowed super deeply, repeatedly apologising for shouting.

"There is no need to apologise, Mikan," Sonia said politely. 

"What on earth do you mean, mortal? Speak up!" Gundam bellowed, making Mikan squeak. "What do you mean Shuichi isn't human? Is he a god, like me?"