𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 : 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛

"Venus!" He's been after me for some days now. He made several attempts to communicate with me. Why was he doing this when he had already shown his disdain for me? When he didn't want to talk to me in the first place, I should've received the hint. He now follows me around like a puppy practically everywhere.

Is there a problem with his mind? Given his emotional swings, it makes sense. He's sat behind me in class and tried to talk to me, followed me around the halls, and even followed me to the cafeteria. After witnessing him chasing me a few times, Isa has been taunting me about what's up with him.

When Hermes saw him, he intended to smash his bones, but we managed to stop him. Since the first day here, everything has gone wrong. And today, more than any other day, Adon seems to have had enough. A hand gripped my shoulder as I walked to my next lesson. I turned around to see Adon gasping for air.

I tried to tear my arms free from his grip, but he resisted. He wasn't going to let this chance pass him by.

"Venus." He uttered after letting out a long breath.

"Leave me alone, Adon." As I struggled to release my arms, I said.

"No, today you're going to listen to me. I'd gotten my fill." As he gazed down at me, he said. Has he had enough? No, I'm done with this nonsense. He abruptly dragged him outside to the field.

"What are we doing here?"

"We can't be heard here because no one can hear us. Listen up, Venus, that day-"

"Yes, I apologize for stumbling into you that day. You don't have to say it out loud since I know you don't like me." He was cut off by me.

"Please, for the love of God, listen to me first!" He was on the verge of yelling, but he seemed to restrain himself. "I don't hate you; I had my reasons, and it's all my fault." I enjoy your company. I'd like to get to know you better than you think." He covered his face by ducking his head. Does he like me? Is that how people who are interested act? What foolishness is that?

"Is this a prank or a joke? If that's the case, you'd better come to a halt." I locked my gaze on him. He'll never be able to dupe the goddess of love herself. Does he think I have no idea how people behave when they like someone?!

"No, Venus. You are getting all of this incorrect. I couldn't bring myself to tell you why I acted the way I did for the time being. But I wish I could, and in order to do so, I need time to get to know each other." He sighed defeatistically.

"Good luck with that, Did you believe that just because I was constantly around you meant I'd hurl myself at you after you rejected me?!" I stomped my way inside my classroom after that. I was not going to be duped by a simple human being. I don't want to be the fool who pursued him once more. If what he says is true, I don't want him to get what he wants by taking the easy way out. I may have a pleasant personality, but I am a spiteful person, even if the offence is minor.

What's up with the strange events of the last few days? And, as if my day couldn't get any crazier, I noticed the black shadow lurking around the corner once more. Why is it constantly around me?

"You're going to make a mistake, and I'm going to stop it no matter what it takes." As he walked away, he muttered something in my ear. What blunder am I going to make? At this rate, my brain is going to explode. I can't even remember what I'm supposed to do. For me, it's all really overwhelming. So, what should I do now? What was the error the shadow was referring to, and why was he trying to prevent it?

When the door swings open, displaying my instructor with a severe look on her face, I was standing right outside the classroom, thinking what was going on. I snapped out of my reverie and gave her a foolish smile.

"You are late, Miss Venus. Did you plan on standing outside the classroom for a long time?" She inquired.

"Sorry, I was on my way to the bathroom and I'm not feeling good." I noticed her severe expression relax a little when I answered her.

"Miss Venus, I expect an earlier notification next time." She cautioned me as she motioned me inside. My mind was racing with questions as the class progressed. I forgot about Adon and was just concerned with the dark shadow. Should I go to Hades because he is the only person I can talk to? Zeus is the most dangerous of all the options. Hermes is Hermes, and Hermes is Hermes. He'd spring into action right away, which would be counterproductive, because the last thing I need is my brother fighting a dark shadow.

If I speak with Hades, the situation will remain private between us, and no one will be aware of the black shade. The shadow is a dark entity, and no one knows dark things better than the deity of the underworld. Then a decision is made. I'll be meeting Hades.

But I've never gone to the underworld, and Hermes is the only person who can take me there. Do I have no other option but to draw Hermes into this?

"What were you doing?" From the seat beside me, Hermes questioned me. Can't he just be a normal brother for a change?

""Stuff, I was hoping you'd be able to take me somewhere today?" I attempted to make a puppy expression on him, which unexpectedly succeeded.

"Where would you like to go? Do you mean the park?" Of course, he would assume that I would want to visit a lively location. .

"No, somewhere even better."

"A stripper club?" Hermes inquired, a grin on his face. I cocked my head to look at him.

"STRIPPER CLUB?! How did you come up with these ideas?!" I spoke to him in hushed tones. It was now his time to furrow his brows.

"How did you about it, Adelfi?" I burst out laughing and blushed profusely. Isa has recently had a negative impact on me. She appears to be one of Hermes's as well.

"I swear, you're going to be ecstatic to visit this area," I said, avoiding his inquiry with an eager grin. He gave me a look that suggested, 'You're going to have to deal with the repercussions because it's not exhilarating to me.' I let out a loud gulp.

I mean, who am I kidding? Hermes will despise me for this, but I can't travel alone. He'll come around me. My major goal is to figure out what the hell the shadow is and why it is continually following me around.

We both rushed back home after school. We can't have people seeing our massive wings sprouting from our backs, can we?

"Ok, where is this place and why does it not require walking?" Hermes asked as he placed his things on the kitchen counter. It's better to give him a heads up I guess.

"Hermes, I want you to have faith in me and not question anything I say. "Do you get it?" With a serious look, I drew him in. "I can now confirm that I will despise this." He stated his case.