𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 : 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚

𝗇𝗈𝗋𝗆𝖺𝗅 𝖿𝗈𝗇𝗍 : 𝖠𝖽𝗈n
𝗂𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗂𝖼 𝖿𝗈𝗇𝗍 : 𝖠𝗉𝗁𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗂𝗍𝖾

It's been a few days now. I've been pestering Adon nonstop. I realise it's irrational, but I feel compelled to do so. Every day, it's as if my mind is encouraging me to do so. That isn't the only strange sensation I've had down here. I haven't gotten much sleep in the last few days. I've been restless from the first night down here, and one of these nights there was also a black shadow lurking in my room. As soon as I opened my eyes, it went off.

"Venus?" My name was called. As I regained consciousness, I turned to face Adon, shocked that he was speaking to me on his own initiative.

"Huh?" I raised my brows, trying to hide my amazement.

"I just wanted to let you know that this seat will be unavailable starting with the next class." He ducked his gaze, as if he didn't want to look me in the eyes. What he doesn't realise is that I can tell he's lying. He believes he can deceive me. A freaking goddess who has existed for millennias.

"And why is that, Adon?" As he backed away, I moved closer to his face. Please, Zeus, pardon my transgressions.

"Uh-umm, because my friend will be seated here because he couldn't see from the back," says the speaker. He was stuttering. I have the ability to make this human boy nervous. My cheeks lit up with a little grin. I turned back to the front and hummed. This kid believes he can easily get away from me.

When I felt like I was being observed after class, I decided to use the restroom. As I walked to the restroom, I kept checking my surroundings. I scared frightened and dashed to the restroom when I noticed a dark figure standing at the end of the corridor. I took a few long breaths and cleansed my face. What was the source of this ominous gloom? Is it merely a figment of my imagination?

Then I made a big blunder. I looked in the mirror and saw myself. I was standing there, but the figure standing behind me startled me. There was something odd about the dark shadow now. It has eyes that I can see. It had penetrating green eyes that were practically emerald in colour. It was completely enthralling. I couldn't take my gaze away from its eyes. But then it said something quietly.

"Ourania." I couldn't bring myself to turn around to face it because I was afraid it might vanish.

"Not him, Ourania." It muttered again as I stared at it in the mirror, wide-eyed. It was the voice of a man. It was incredibly rich, strong, and raspy. Who is he, exactly? Who is Ourania? Who is him, exactly? I had so many unanswered questions when a bunch of females barged into the restroom, and the shadow faded almost instantly.

Is it okay if I tell Hermes about this? He would be concerned about for everything. We still have no idea what this shadow is. He could still be a figment of my imagination. My thoughts could be all over the place. I re-washed my face and walked out of the restroom. I came to a halt just in front of Adon. What a stroke of luck.

"Adon." Looking up to him, I grinned. When he looked at my face, he appeared terrified. Was I really that terrifying? Is he terrified of me now because I'm so unlikable? Perhaps I should've just stayed quiet and listened to Hermes.

"Please accept my apologies." I buried my head, embarrassed that I was clinging to someone who was uninterested in me and whom I had only just met. I kept my head ducked as I went away. It's the first time I've ever felt so embarrassed and rejected. Tears threatened to pour from my eyes, but I stifled them. I don't have to shed any tears for anyone. I'm also not supposed to form attachments to anyone. It's preferable to listen to Hermes' advice.