𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 : 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐮𝐬

*𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔰𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 : '𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔬𝔰' 𝔪𝔢𝔞𝔫𝔰 𝔤𝔬𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔨*

If Hermes lost his abilities, I could have lost mine as well. It wasn't really noteworthy in the first place. My senses and matchmaking abilities were the only things that set me unique from the others. It's not going to help me in this situation.

I went to browse through the plastic bag full of clothes that was resting on my bed. It appeared that everything was bland and non-revealing. I'm afraid I won't be able to object. We must remain unseen among the humans and avoid attracting any form of attention to ourselves.

There's a problem there as well. It will be impossible for us to escape being noticed. Gods and goddesses are ten times more appealing than the average gorgeous mortal. I am three times more gorgeous than any god since I am the goddess of beauty. I'm not bragging about my appearance because it's more of a curse for me.

Hermes appears to be highly knowledgeable about clothing. I have a feeling he's a fashion designer in disguise. Even though the garments are in dull colors, they look great on me. He also purchased a beanie, which is ideal. Not that I'd want to hide my tresses. My favorite feature about myself is my hair. The locks were golden in color. What kind of person would want to disguise their gorgeous hair?

"Should we leave now?" As I walked down the stairs to find Hermes in the kitchen, I inquired. He was chowing down on pancakes.

"How did you figure out how to make pancakes?" I inquired as I sat down near him on the stool and began to eat the delectable pancakes.

"I got a cookbook of culinary recipes on my way home after buying some clothes for both of us because we are on our own. Our mothers will not prepare a meal for us. You know, I already miss them." His expression changed.

Hermes was close to both of our mothers as a child. He can't go a day without seeing them, thus being down here without both of them at our side has a negative impact on him.

I observed he was dressed in a dark denim jean with a white shirt underneath and a dark denim jacket over the shirt.

"You're looking very cute today." I smirked at him as I savored the final piece of pancake. He just nodded and smiled.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about, but we need to get moving." He muttered this as he dragged me in the middle of me washing my hands. Because the school was close by, we didn't have to walk far to get there. I was enjoying the houses and waved to the lovely kids as we strolled through the neighborhood.

We couldn't help but notice the children packing the entrance as the school came into view. Thanks to our clothing and their chit-chat, they were too preoccupied to see us. We made it in without drawing any notice to ourselves. We made it in without drawing any notice to ourselves.

Hermes took my hand in his and we continued walking hand-in-hand. We did come to a stop a few times to ask the personnel for directions to the office. We followed several detours before coming to a halt in front of a door marked 'The Office' with a metal plate.

We both knocked at the same moment, and we heard a gentle voice on the other side of the door responding our knock.

"Come in," said the voice. We both entered to discover a petite woman in her 30s seated behind a large wooden desk with stocks of papers scattered on it as Hermes carefully twisted the knob. 

She looked up and appeared surprised for a brief time, but she quickly recovered by scratching her neck awkwardly.

"Hello, how may I be of assistance to you both? Are you both new to this place?" She inquired, smiling as she looked at both of us. We exchanged nods.