𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬

───✰✰✰✰✰───

───✰✰✰✰✰───

After a bittersweet conversation with Scott, Leilani and Liam went back to the Hewitt household in an attempt of having a normal night. Both of them had changed into clean clothes and were now sitting in the living room playing Monopoly. 

"Yes! I own that, so you owe me 50 bucks!" Liam boasted as he finally got the upper hand. Playing with Leilani was hell for anyone who tried. The girl was super competitive and was also a little bit of a sore loser.  Just ask Mason. The poor boy had to deal with that since he was eight years old.  

It once got so bad, Leilani took Mason's folded laundry and threw it out the window. In her defense, Mason was being a little shit and bragging about beating his sister at "Just Dance" when she was the one taking classes. Never again did he brag about beating Leilani. 

"Dammit!" Leilani groaned as she counted the fake money. "Are you sure you even own that?" 

"Why would I lie about owning a property if I know how competitive you are?"
"Maybe you had a death wish today." Leilani shrugged as she handed over the fifty bucks.
"Right, because that's why I was fighting for my life against assassins." Liam scoffed.
" Excuse you? I did all the fighting. You just sat there looking drunk off your ass."

The game went on for about another forty-five minutes until Leilani's parents and Mason got back home. After eating dinner, which was really just frozen lasagna because the siblings' parents were too lazy to cook, the teens went up to Leilani's room and watched a few movies. 

"So, are you guys gonna tell me what the hell you've been hiding from me?" Mason suddenly asked. The feeling of guilt started to eat away at the couple, knowing that they had to him soon enough.

"The truth is-" Liam began to admit until Leilani cut him off.
"I found my biological family!" Leilani beamed. She wasn't lying to him per se,  she just shared a different truth.

"I didn't even know you were looking for them." Mason sighed. In all honesty, he was a little hurt that his sister, of all people, didn't tell him that she wanted to find her family. However, he let it slide knowing that Leilani was a bit touchy with the subject of her adoption.

"I'm sorry for not telling you, M." Leilani sympathized. She honestly felt horrible for not including Mason, but it was already too late for that, "I know how this may seem, but I swear to you, I'm not trying to replace you." 

"Yeah, I get it." Mason lied. He didn't get it. He really tried to, but he couldn't help but feel like he was losing his sister. First, she started spending more time with these juniors, which he didn't pay much mind to. After all, Leilani could be very social when she wanted to be. Once she and Liam started dating, he started seeing less and less of his other half. What's next? He was gonna lose her to Aliens?!