𝐌𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐝

───✰✰✰✰✰───

───✰✰✰✰✰───

" Why are we even here?!" was Leilani's first question as she and her best friend walked onto the Lacrosse field. 

"Because Quinnie, I need to get the extra practice for tryouts. Plus if Mason were to have come he would have just been staring at shirtless guys. And you're like my good luck charm." Liam said. For some reason, Liam felt as if he played better when he knew Leilani was there to cheer him on. Plus it was hilarious whenever she would give "constructive criticism". In reality, it was just a lot of her trying to get him riled up.

"One, I'm gonna kill you for calling me Quinnie. Two, you and I both know that you could take any spot on this team without practice." She said as they reached the field. 

"You're not gonna kill me because we both know how much you love it when I call you Quinnie. Now are you gonna be my personal cheerleader or are you just gonna stand there and look cute?" Liam said as he stood in front of her and held onto her waist. 

"Fine. But only because I love you and I know you suck without me." She said with a smirk on her face.

Before Liam could even think about a response, a lacrosse player named Garrett came up to the duo.
" Hey, Leilani. I take it this is your friend you told me about?"
"Yep. This is Liam. He just wanted to get some extra practice. Not that you need it." She trailed off towards the end. However, Liam heard her and just rolled his eyes. 

"Alright, let's see how well you do in goal," Garrett said.

As Liam played, Leilani watched as he moved with speed and agility, catching every shot. She knew he had this in the bag. She noticed two juniors across the field looking at Liam playing with a worried expression. She had seen them around but she only remembered one of them as Scott McCall. He was the captain of the lacrosse team and kind of popular around the school. Garrett's voice brought her out of her daze.

" Nice, Liam! You might just be our first-ever freshman captain." Garrett praised. 

Liam looked over to where Leilani was standing and smiled at how she was cheering for him. He always wondered how they went from hating each other to becoming the best of friends. Although for some reason the word friends kind of stung. Luckily for him, Leilani was questioning why it suddenly hurt her being Liam's friend. She never had a problem with it before, so what changed?

───✰✰✰✰✰───

Liam and Leilani walked into the locker room. While Liam was changing, Leilani wanted to talk to Coach about joining the soccer team. Surprisingly, Coach didn't even ask to see her skills. He just asked her straight up whether or not she sucked. Obviously, she replied with "No" and just like that she was on the team.