"Your Majesty, the queen says she would like to have dinner alone tonight," Sir Nico reported. He still couldn't quite look Percy in the eye.

For the past several weeks, Percy tried to accompany the queen at dinner as much as possible. It was the first time that the queen had requested to be alone. Percy figured that she was still shy and embarrassed about what happened that afternoon, though he couldn't help but swallow his disappointment.

"Understood," Percy said.

Sir Nico peeked at him and was relieved that the king didn't seem angry. But Sir Nico felt a twinge of confusion in him. Did the king not have any feelings for the queen? Shouldn't the king show at least any emotion like he had earlier? Perhaps the king had hidden his true feelings and was just an actor. Sir Nico felt a sense of sorrow for the queen who loved the king.

Percy dismissed the knights and called for Sir Grover to strengthen security for the night. Perhaps it would be better that the queen chose not to gave dinner with him as he was going to sneak out of the castle and meet the wizard lord at one the capital's inns.

At least, that was the plan. However, when he was changing into casual commoner clothing, he was interrupted by the queen. Percy was just pulling his shirt on when the queen entered abruptly into his bedroom.

Percy froze. The queen froze. Then her face turned a palette of pinks and reds.

"I'm sorry!" She sputtered. The queen was about to turn away when she took notice of Percy's clothing. Her grey eyes narrowed in suspicion. "Are you about to sneak out again?"

Again? Ah, right. He had to sneak out of the castle during the time to rescue her. Apparently, the queen still remembered this.

Percy studied the queen, thinking of what to tell her. She should be healthy enough for a stroll, and it would be better to take her along rather than leave her alone in the castle, even for just one night. Besides, one of the reasons why he had requested to meet Lord Christopher was not just to attract him to Eldoris' side before Alana could get her claws in him, but because Percy was still curious about who truly was Annabeth. Even if she wasn't Annabeth, then Percy felt that he would still be able to accept it.

"Do you want to come?" Percy offered.

The queen looked astounded, probably expecting an excuse instead of Percy's answer. "Could I? Where are you going?"

"Outside to the capital."

Percy rummaged through his dresser and threw clothing at Annabeth. "If you want to come, then get dressed in five minutes."

A few minutes later, the queen was attired in shirt and trousers, with a hooded cloak to cover as much of her as possible. Meanwhile, he had Grover take care of the castle in their absence.

Percy looked her over and nodded his approval. "Let's go."

Aside from the underground corridors that connected Gardenia Palaces to the other palaces, there were a few that led from Gardenia Palace to the outside. A wiser and less trusting king than Percy would have Annabeth wear a blindfold or not simply bring her outside the palaces, but Percy didn't mind letting the queen know of the secret tunnels. If he couldn't trust his queen, who else could he trust? Besides, this knowledge might be useful to the queen one day.

Percy didn't catch how the queen's eyes flickered when he told her that only the royal family knew of these secret tunnels. To tell her of these tunnels meant he had already considered her part of his family.

The queen didn't ask too many questions about the narrow hallways until they came to a section that was particularly dusty. Percy noticed that she wasn't following behind when her footsteps paused.