Chapter 18

A/N: I own nothing but plot. Enjoy!

**********************

Because the wedding, crowning ceremony, and the evening banquet had been so long, Annabeth slept until late morning. Naturally, the servants thought it was due to the king's stamina and were subsequently not corrected.

Annabeth stretched lazily until she remembered where she was.

Yesterday was her wedding. Then she was crowned queen, sparred verbally with her half-sister that she had never met before, and then had a heated make out session with her husband.

Hearing noise, a maid knocked on the door, disturbing Annabeth's turbulent memories of last night.

"Your Majesty, would you like to rise now?"

"Ah, yes, please."

Annabeth ignored the maids' subtle change in expression as they covered up two pink marks on her neck. The maids were getting better and better at controlling their expressions.

"Where is His Majesty now?" Annabeth asked Lucy as Lucy handed her a cup of milk tea.

It wasn't as great as some of the bubble tea shops she frequented in New York City, but it did in a pinch without the tapioca pearls. Gods, she'd been in this world for nearly a month now. Modern life seemed so distant away. Could she ever get back?

"He left in the morning and should be with the other foreign dignitaries in a diplomatic meeting right now. He left instructions that Your Majesty be left undisturbed while you slept." Lucy answered. "Usually he oversees knight training in the morning."

So this was to explain why the king most likely would not be waking up in bed with her in the future.

"And my schedule for the week?"

Piper handed her an itinerary. Annabeth glanced over it. It was the day after her marriage and already she had to work, even if the physicians reminded her to take it easy. Well, she was a workaholic anyways. The couple weeks of just light studying and repetitive walking were getting to be boring.

The foreign representatives had been invited to stay for three days after the wedding. Most had accepted, including Kiran and Tynan. Annabeth's schedule included hosting a tea party to help foster good relations. All her studying these recent days had helped her become familiar with the other countries and their delegations.

But it was only merely ten minutes into the tea party when some trouble occurred. Naturally, it was Princess Alana who had instigated the situation with a few of the other representatives allied more with Kiran than Eldoris.

"Princess Alana, I heard that you are quite the chess player. May we have the opportunity to see your skills one day?" A duchess from a small seaside country implored.

Alana lowered her gaze modestly. "You flatter me. My skills are nothing compared to my elder sister's."

Annabeth sipped her tea dryly when Alana threw the hot potato onto her. Alana knew that Annabeth had been educated little on the skills royalty should know. But should Annabeth admit that, it would throw dirty water on her and Eldoris' reputation. But Alana's tactic might also throw dirty water on Kiran, unless Alana made it seem like Annabeth was lazy on her education.

"My sister speaks too highly of me," Annabeth answered.

"Oh my!" The duchess chortled in a shrill and fake laugh. "Perhaps we will have the honor of seeing two masters of chess today!"

"Oh, let's have a chess competition!"

"Yes, why not!"

Annabeth simply sipped her tea as Alana's cronies provided support, mentally taking a note of who seemed to be on Alana's side. If Annabeth backed down now, it would seem like she was running away.