❝ chapter nineteen ❞

Start from the beginning

"'Cause you're pregnant, I don't want you going through pregnancy alone."

"When is it back on?"

"We haven't thought about it yet," He shrugged. "But, I'm thinking about putting my singing career on hold for a while, probably until you have this baby. But, I'll wanna perform and such."

"I can take care of myself, Chres." I giggled, as Jayden played with my fingers, his attention away from the TV. "I'm guessing now would be a bad time to tell you I've been looking for a job?"

He shrugged. "But, I won't let you work until we're all settled after our baby girl."

"Baby girl?" I laughed.

"Yep, and we need to start coming up with name."

"My stomach didn't even start growing yet, babe!" I exclaimed, giggling. "But, I hope it's a girl too. But, whatever God gives us is fine."
"Right," He nodded. "Also, I have a performance tonight and I want you and Jayden to be there."

"Sure,"

•••

"Bahja, Ray, and Jacob's coming also." Chresanto spoke, as he fixed his microphone. "They should meet you here in a few."

I was backstage, helping Chresanto get ready and making sure that he was really ready to hit the stage. I helped him with his microphone and asked, "Are you nervous?"

"Nervous?" He scoffed playfully. "Never."

I chuckled. "Welp, break a leg!"

He gently grabbed the back of my neck and gave me a quick kiss. Afterwards, he jogged on stage right on cue. I smiled excitedly as I held Jayden's handntightly.

"Nique," I heard Bahja call me.

I turned around and saw her, Ray, and Jacob walking towards me. I gave them a hug when they were closer to me. Jacob was holding a video camera and left it on me. Ray picked up Jayden, for better view, I'm guessing.

I blushed. "Jacob, stop recording me."

"You'll thank me for it later." He laughed.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes playfully. He turned the camera to Jayden for a while and turned it back to me, right when I started moving my body to the beat of the song. I quickly stopped.

"Jacoooob." I whined, putting my hand over the camera lens. "Stop."

Right after I said that, I hear my name being called. On stage? My whole body froze and I heard Ray, Bahja, and Jacob laughing at me. What the hell is Chresanto doing?

"Go, girl." Bahja said, pushing me a little but I refused to budge.

"Don't make me come back there and pull you on the stage." Chresanto spoke in the microphone, earning a few laugh from the crowd.

I saw him walking towards me and I panicked. I have stage fright!

Chresanto grabbed my hand. "Come on, baby."

Since I refused to move my body, he picked me in bridal style. "Chresanto. Put. Me. Down."

He shrugged. "Okay."

He did as I told him and smirked at me. I turned around and I was in the center of the stage, everybody staring at us in awe. I did an awkward wave before giving Chresanto a death glare. I saw Jacob walk out with the camera, filming us.

"What is going on?" I whispered firmly to Chres.

He put his arm around my shoulder and spoke, "Words, literally, can't describe how I feel about this girl. Whenever we're together are my happiest times. So, I want everyone to meet you, since you're my favorite person of all time." He looked at me and I blushed. He look back at the crowd and continued, "I love you, without knowing how. I love you simply, every single part of you. It's impossible to stop thinking about you.

Waking up to a beautiful face in the morning and falling asleep with that same beautiful face is the best thing that's ever happened to me, believe it or not." He dig in his pocket pulling out a black box and I gasp, so did the crowd. He got on his knee and held my left hand. "I can't see a life without you, Nique. I want to spend every good, beautiful, every bad, irritating moments for the rest of my life with you." He opened the box and I quickly covered my mouth in shock. It looked so expensive. The crowed cooed and I blushed. "So, will you do us both a favor and marry me?"

I can't believe it, he's actually proposing.

I nodded and smiling widely. "I thought you'd never asked."

He slipped it in my finger and picked me up, spinning me around. He put me back down and kissing me with passion. I ran my hand through his hair, kissing him back. The crowed cheered loudly in happiness.

I couldn't be anymore happier right now.

"I love you," He said as he pulled away. "So fucking much."

Vote and comment for the next (last) chapter ♡