❝ chapter eighteen ❞

Start from the beginning

Chresanto and I did a few photoshoots together and then with Jayden. When we were done, we thanked the guy. We walked out of the building and there was a lot paparazzies outside.

"Oh, hell no." I muttered.

"Just keep your head down and don't answer any questions." Chres whispered to me as he took off his jacket. He pulled me to close to him and hid my face with the jacket. I held Jayden in my arms tightly as we kept walking.

I was thankful for Chresanto's jacket. There were so much cameras flashing, I felt like I was going blind if I didn't hide my face. I clung to Chresanto as two security guards push the paparazzies back so we could walk through.

I put Jayden in his car seat and went to the passenger seat. Chresanto drove past the paparazzies, who were still snapping picture. I rolled my eyes and opened the radio. I looked over at Chresanto, who seemed a bit upset. He grip the steering wheel, with his jaws tightly clenched.

I touched his free hand and he glanced at me then back at the road. "Calm down." I told him.

"How'd they know where we were?"

"You're Roc Royal for crying out loud." I giggled. "Of course they'll know where you are so that was a stupid question."

"I guess you're right." He chuckled.

"I'm having lunch with Jasmine tomorrow," I told him.

He raised a brow at me. "Jasmine? Me ex?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, your ex."

"Why you rolled your eyes and said it like that?" He laughed. "I mean, she is my ex and we're gonna have to live with it."

"Whatever." I said, "But, we're going to lunch tomorrow to talk, I guess."

"You want me to come with you?" Hw looked at me when we stopped at a red light.

I scoffed playfully. "No. I promise not to kill her if she gets out of line." He chuckled slightly and I continued, "But, she seems and looks different- good different- and she sounded sincere when she apologized; like she would do anything to take back all the things that she did."

"Yeah, but we know how Jasmine can be." He started driving again.

I looked at him in curiosity. "What do you mean?"

He glanced at me and smirked. "Nothing to worry about. I mean, you said you think she meant her apology."

I pouted. "Tell me."

He shrugged. "She fools people a lot and they always fall for her trap." He laughed a little. "Be careful."

I groaned lowly. "Now, you're making me not want to go. I don't wanna go to jail because of her again."

"You won't."

"Do you not know where we're going?" I watch as he drive past our neighborhood. "We past our house."

"We're going to the beach."

"What?" I giggled. "I don't even have my swimwear, neither do you or Jayden."

He smirked at me. "What, you think I didn't come prepared?"

•••

He rubbed my flat looking belly and kissed my cheek. We both looked at his hands. We had just got back from the doctors. I turned around, facing him. "When is it getting big?" He asked.

I chortled. "In 2 or 3 months, I don't know."

"You know, when you said you had to drive yourself to the hospital when you had to go to labor with Jayden, killed me." He spoke softly. "I don't want you going through that ever again."

I did a small smile. "It was very painful, but I got through it."

"You were never a weak girl."

That phrase, weak girl, brought back so many memories. Memories I wanted to vanish forever. But, who am I kidding?

"I was." My phone vibrated and look down at it. It was Jasmine that texted mt when should I meet her. "I should get going." I stood on tip of my toes and kissed him.

"Yeah, see you later, babe." He took his shirt off and took Jayden out of his playpen. Jayden touched Chresanto's tattoo and smiled. I laughed slightly.

"Really?" I, then, gave Chresanto a straight face. "Why when I had to leave, that's when you decided to take off your shirt?"

He chortled and shook his head at me. I giggled and walked out.

I saw Jasmine sitting on a table by herself, looking down at her phone. I hesitated before walking towards her; I didn't know what to expect. She looked up when she heard my footsteps. She smiled. "Zonnique!"

"Jasmine."

vote and comment for next chapter ♡
- meant to update this earlier but what do think will happen?