Chapter 9: Strigoi Attack

Sorry it took so long :S My laptop kinda crashed :S But hope you like this chapter :)

Chapter 9

RPOV

Springing into Action, Dimitri and I followed where the Novice was leading us to the main gates. He had remnants of blood on various parts of his clothing.

As we got closer to the scene, I started to feel nauseous. I was questioning myself, why didn’t I feel nauseous when I was in the infirmary?

I was probably too far away from them.

Dimitri looked concerned and thoughtful beside me. He then reached a decision and reached for his phone, no doubt alerting the rest of the school

“Are you okay?” I asked, still rushing forwards, trying to get to where the  sounds of fighting could be heard.

“Rose,” He murmured, “I’m fine.”

I decided to question the novice.

“Kid,” I called out to him. Once he answered back, I proceeded to ask him, “Were you sent to fetch us?”

“Yes,” He muttered, “Guardian Petrov sent me to find help, and she said that if you decide to fight, be careful and when you start to feel tired, don’t fight.”

I was shocked. I looked quickly at Dimitri to see if he heard that. He looked puzzled.

“What was that about?” He murmured, quietly.

“Nothing,” I turned to look back at the front.

“Roza,” He sighed softly, “You can trust me.”

Can I really? But I should put that behind me. That was the past, now was the present. Should I tell him about the baby?

I decided not to. I didn’t trust him yet. There was no reason to tell him now. Maybe in the future I would.

“It’s just,” I hesitated, “I’ve been feeling sick lately.” That part was true.

“Ok,” Although he didn’t push it any further, he looked like he didn’t believe what I just said.

I decided to check where Lissa was, to see if she was in danger. She wasn’t. So I quickly ran behind the novice, who was taking us to the main gates.

He stopped outside a door, sweating profusely, “This is the furthest I can go, please don’t make me go in,” He pleaded, then quickly turned around and sprinted off. People were screaming and crying. Someone fainted.

Arriving at where the Strigoi were, I was taken off balance when a red-eyed Strigoi plowed into me. I growled slightly and took out my stake from behind my pants.

“You can’t kill me, little girl,” The Strigoi said with a cold laugh. He trailed a wintry finger across my cheek and leaned in close to my neck. It was so repulsive that I shivered.

“Really?” I taunted, circling him, catching him off guard when I punched him in the face.

“Really,” He shot up and grabbed me, tackling me to the ground and squeezing my wrist until pain shot up my arm.