She breathed out heavily and climbed into my arms, laying her head on my chest. We stayed there for a silent moment, feeling her tears drip onto my chest but I didn't care. I'd run my own tears dry, I couldn't cry anymore, I wasn't capable of it but I was gonna let her cry as much as she wanted.

I stroked her back gently and let her do what she needed, what she felt comfortable doing.

"I'm going to see Rafe tomorrow" I announced. She hummed and tilted her head up slightly "Do you wanna come? Take your mind off things"

"Yeah" she sniffled "That would be good"

"Ok" I sighed "Get some rest"

It wasn't long before we both fell asleep.

I woke up to the warm yellow ray of sun slightly burning my face through my open curtain. I turned to my side and realised Wheezie was gone, probably back in Corey's room. I yawned and let myself stretch before sitting up. I looked to my right and saw my phone.

"Hey Siri" I yawned "What time Is it?"

"It's 9:03 am" she responded.

I nodded and sat back, I still had an hour before meeting Rafe. The institute was on the main land and was a decent drive. I sighed and stood up, letting my feet touch the plush carpet.

I didn't take long to get ready. I had a quick shower and chucked on a dress with my converse. I found myself not having the energy to put effort into my look these days, I hadn't done my makeup in about 6 months and my hair had been nothing special.

I sprayed some perfume before grabbing my keys and phone off the drawer them leaving my room. I walked down the hallway and stopped at Corey's door, giving it a light knock.

"Hey, Wheeze? I wanna leave now, are you ready?" I called out. It was silent before she responded.

"Yeah, give me a second!" She called back.

"Alright I'll be in the car out the front" I said back before walking down the hall and down the stairs.

I saw my pantry's in the sun room as I walked past but didn't bother to say anything. They hadn't spoken to me since I came back with Rafe and I didn't care to change it. I couldn't understand why they were so upset but I was their daughter—they couldn't even muster up the thought to ask if I was ok when John B and Sarah died.

Not even a letter, a text, a look.

They seemed ashamed and I couldn't say that I don't blame them because I do. I was doing what was right and it didn't sit right with them.

That's their problem.

I opened the front door and closed it shut behind me. The smell of morning was comforting and the direct sun against my skin was a feeling I had missed.

I took a deep breath and stood still for a moment before walking towards the garage and driving my car out. I Parked across the wall way and waited for Wheezie. It was about 10 minutes before she rushed out the door and into my car.

"Hey" she said out for breath.

"Morning" I mumbled before starting up the car again and starting to drive away "How'd you sleep?" I said, trying to make conversation.

"It was peaceful. Probably the most I've slept in weeks" she admitted "You bed is way more comfier then Corey's" she chuckled lightly.

"Don't tell Corey that" I joked "He'll get all sour and turn on you faster then you can say Tony Stark's Arc reactor"

"Yeah, what is with him and Marvel?" She laughed.

"I don't know" I shook my head "He's liked it ever since he was a baby. It was always 'hulk this' and 'Thor that' but I really think Spider-Man is his favourite"

"Spider-Man is my favourite" she said quietly.

"Yeah?" I rose an eye brow and looked at her for a second before setting my eyes back on the road "Which one?"

"Tobey" she said without hesitation.

I laughed "That was quick" she giggled "My favourite is Tom"

"Because he's dreamy—"

"Because he's dreamy" I laughed "No, he's just my favourite. I don't know what it is. I loved Andrew for a fair bit—I still love Andrew but Tom takes the cake"

"Yeah" she sighed.

The car drenched with silence and all at once, the thoughts that had been dreading me for months, returned and I felt like turning around and going home. It look everything in hm to continue the drive.

The thought of hearing Rafe's voice and seeing his face was the only thing that kept my foot in the throttle, my hands on the steering wheel. I hadn't seen him for a month and it was tarting too get to me.

I needed him more then I thought.

Holy fūck it has been so long and I'm so sorry! I had absolutely no motivation to write this story and I'd been so down for a while. I'm sorry for not updating or saying anything on it. Those who follow me know that doesn't happen a lot and I'm sorry!

Word count 1490.