Have It Back

She looked at the small amount of alcohol in the shot glass, grabbing her plastic crown from party city and tossing it somewhere she didn't care to know. It messed up her twist out a little bit but she didn't care.

This was her last night of being a free woman .

She wanted to spend the rest of the night intoxicated. Pretty fresh french tips danced on the old wooden bar top before she grabbed the shot glass and tossed it back. She ignored a whistle and catcall in her direction from some already drunken slob and asked for another shot. Tonight was not supposed to be like this. She's not supposed to be here. It was all her Husband-to-be fault. All he had to do was let her be for the night. Bachelorette parties were supposed to be fun for her and her girlfriends. She was supposed to be throwing money at male strippers or doing body shots off of male strippers, either way, there were supposed to be strippers and now she has none.

The shot she called a few seconds ago is now in front of her and she laughed to herself, staring at the shimmering ring on her left hand. The expensive jewelry felt so heavy on her finger. It felt like a mistake. What was she thinking saying yes to that man? She has no clue. She shook her head of the thoughts and adjusted her 'BRIDE' sash before throwing another shot back.

That second shot did nothing. The third one did the same. It wasn't until the fourth shot that she started feeling good. She swayed slightly, smiling at the bartender who reluctantly pushed a fifth shot to her. She wasn't drunk at all, just tipsy.

"Still a lightweight, I see?"

She scrunched up her face at the words, turning her head fast and making herself a little dizzy. "Excuse you?" She turned fully to step off of the bar stool, her new YSL heel still stuck on the legs of the stool. She toppled over and right into the arms of the voice. "Nigga get off of me!" She flailed and the voice just chuckled.

"I didn't want you to fall, ladybug." She scoffed at the voice until her brain clicked.

"...Joonbug?" She looked up to see the face attached to the voice. "Joonbug! Joonie! J-Joonie.." She held onto him, feeling his arms. She blinked up at him and she was met with his big smile and dimples.

"I been over there contemplating if it was really you for like 10 minutes." She didn't say anything. She couldn't say anything. She was sure this was her old college boyfriend. She was so sure this was her first love Namjoon who wore glasses and stayed in his dorm with his beatpad. Her first. She was so sure and she blinked again and she's not so sure. He's changed. He's even taller and bigger and he no longer has his glasses. "How you been?"

"..uhh.." She finds her balance and she feels too sober for this. Namjoon smiles, his eyes closed when he does as usual until he opens them back up due to no response. That's the moment he saw her sash.

"We have a lot to catch-up on, don't we.." She just nods but she never lets go of him. "..you hungry?" She nodded with no words and he slapped more than what five shots are worth on the bar top before walking to the door with her on his arm.

______________________

Mixed feelings swirled around her like a tornado as she sat in the passenger side of Namjoon's shiny Lambo. She smiled to herself, watching him drive this sports car. He finally ditched the bike. He drives like he's paranoid but it's cute. He's still cute. Namjoon glanced at you and when he noticed you staring back, he smiled.