First Fuck

"I miss you.." She confessed through the call. "I saw all of the pictures you posted."

This was their tradition. Two years strong and their love has stretched far and wide and snapped back whenever they were together.

They met at a blues alley in Georgetown.

Namjoon was sweating and not because of the poor excuse for spotlights that felt like sunlamps, his friends finally convinced him to perform in front of a crowd. What better crowd to try out rap on than mature jazz enthusiasts. The tall man took a deep breath, lucky the band performing right now was feeling themselves.

That night felt like a disaster, the cluster walking out and comforting him. He wanted to burn every notebook full of his works and stomp them as his friends' words hit his ears and fell away.

"Hey..hey excuse me..you're Rap Monster?"

Namjoon whipped around and saw a woman approaching them. She caught up to them and looked up at Namjoon. Her sunglasses were circular with black lenses and he could see his reflection in them. Her lipstick was just as dark and the street lights caught the shimmer of her hoop earrings. One of Namjoon's friends had to nudge him to speak. "Ah..y-yes, I'm Rap Monster.." He was turning a peachy pink as she smiled at him.

"Just wanted to say I liked the show tonight...uh, I liked what you did." She voiced, moving her blowout behind her ear. "When are you performing again?"

The second time he showed up there, there she was. The third time he showed up, she was part of his cluster now. The fourth time he performed, the crowd was all his and she was in the front. That was the night he swallowed every doubt and negative thought to ask her out. One last booth at 7pm in an iHop later and they were smitten with each other.

.

He goes by RM now, currently touring with D.C native rapper Wale while she studies to become a nurse at Georgetown University Hospital. Namjoon made sure to call her every time he stepped foot off the stage. He thought that every time he Skyped her and her head was in a book was so cute. It's how they kept in touch and everyone around them felt the pink hue of a lovey dovey atmosphere. Even Wale would pop into frame and wave, ensuring her that he's keeping Namjoon out of trouble and that she's doing a great job.

"Miss you, too..tour is almost over, okay?" He sounds tired but he comforts her another way. "You know the moon is pretty, do you see it?" She was sitting on her bed, surrounded by anatomy books. "Baby, go look. It's really nice.." She rarely said no to him any other time so of course she got off of the bed and out of her room, roaming through her dark hallway into the living room of her apartment. It was 12:30 in the morning so she knows he's telling the truth, he loved looking at the stars and moon at times like this. The nurse-to-be opened her balcony blinds and slid the door open, stepping out and looking up as she held her phone to her ear.

"It is pretty..remember the necklace you gave me for my birthday? It looks just like that.." She tilted her head, gazing at the luminous crescent. "Pretty, indeed..."