I shiver in my corner, but not because I'm cold. A bright light hits me, sending relief fall over me like a warm blanket as my head pops up to see who's approaching. It has to be Zane. I knew he was looking for me.

"Ollie?" I squint to see who's behind the phone light but can only make out three tall, dark figures.

"Baby, what are you doing here?" A different voice that I know asks. It isn't the voice I'm looking for, but anyone familiar will do at this point.

"Korbin?" I breathe out in relief.

The man with the phone lowers the light to the ground, and I realize the three figures are Korbin, Creed, and Tamarah's brother, Miles.

Korbin steps around Miles and walks up to me to offer a hand. "How the hell did you get over here alone?"

"I got lost." My voice catches in my throat.

Mile's features soften into a sympathetic look as I grab Korbin's clammy cold hand and quickly rise to my feet. Korbin pulls me into him, and even though I've been blowing him off since he told me to get lost at the party a week ago, I don't push away. Right now, the three of them are my knights in shining armor.

Creed's dark brown eyes narrow on me, ones that I am very familiar with. It wasn't long ago that I'd stare into those warm pools and swoon. That was before he slept with me, then turned around and slept with Becca too. Back when I thought he could help me get over my childhood crush on Zane and I could finally move on.

"Who were you with, cause I know for damn sure you didn't come in here yourself."

Creed knows me too well, like Zane. The three of us were tied at the hips since we were in grade school.

"Zany." I grip Korbin's coat as his arm loops around me. His warmth is comforting and welcoming. "We got seperated."

Creed scowls and glances at the corner I was huddled in. "How long have you been in here?"

I shrug and cuddle into Korbin more. "Half-hour at the least."

"Half-hour?!" Korbin pulls away from me. Astonishment is written all over his face. "Jesus Christ, Ollie, the maze ain't that big? How the hell have you been stuck in here for half an hour?"

"Let's just get her out." Creed grumbles as he pushes past Miles. This time, I firmly fist Korbin's jacket so that I don't get lost again. The constant surprises jumping out at us makes me a nervous wreck. What's worse is that the three boys seem completely unphased as we go.

With every monster, I cling closer to Korbin until he's practically carrying me through it. It isn't until I see the light filtering through the exit that I bolt away from his side and am happy to get the hell out thereof here. I would kiss the ground, but Korbin steps up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

Creed and Miles soon file out behind us; my attention is on the passerbyers looking for Zane. He's probably panicking, everything at the fair seems to be closing down, and he still hasn't found me.

"I'll catch you guys later." Korbin says to Miles and Creed. His hands slip under my leather coat. When his cool fingers touch my bare waist, it sends a shiver through me. "You coming home with me tonight?" Korbin's gaze heats when it turns to me.

I can't leave. I glance back at the maze exit. Zane won't have any idea that I left, and he'll be frantic. If he isn't out here looking for me, then he's in that blasted maze. Surely, he pops out the exit ever so often to see if I made it out.

I shake my head. A look of irritation crosses Korbin's face, but he nods and drops his arm from around me.

"I'm going to head out too." Miles gives me a wink. "Night baby niece," a running joke he teases me with ever since his sister started dating my dad.

I Can't Love You✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें