🌺PROMISE TO MY NEE-SAN🌺

"THE GREATEST SACRIFICE IS WHEN YOU SACRIFICE YOURSELF FOR OTHERS."
___________________________________________

GARY'S POV

My head is hurting, my legs are hurting, my whole body is hurting. Now my soul is also hurting. I opened my eyes to witness bright sunlight entering my eyes.

I raised my hand to sheild it against it as my eyes adjusted to the brightness and I saw a large meadow extending into infinity. Green grass covered the whole area and I guess I never saw the sky this blue ever with cloud hovering once in a while.

"Wait a sec. I jumped in front of Giovanni and Ash. Am I dead?" I mused to myself.

Death. Such an ugly word. I never wanted to die but Ash, he was my priority. He is the one who could save Leaf, Akira and everyone, not me. So he had to live at any cost. I just hope Akira gets over me. I hurted her. Damn, I am feeling pathetic.

"You came here too early."

A voice said.

A voice from my past.

A voice who always protected me,
loved me.

My only family.

I turned around a saw a girl standing under a tree. I remember that face, it resembles me too much except for those eyes. She inherited them from mother I guess. She still wore the white lab coat she used to wear.

"Daisy." I said. It was the only word that could come in my throat as everything else dies in my throat.

She was there. My sister was there. She walked toward me stood in front of me.

"Hey Gary, I am talking to you." She said as she waved her hands in front of me.

"So I died. Thats bad." I muttered as I saw her face.

"Not exactly." She replied.

"So I am between life and death huh. So where is the shinigami who will give me choice to live or die." I nonchalantly asked her.

"There is nothing like that. It is all upto you and people who are trying to save you." Daisy replied with a confused look on her face.

"It has been years, haven't it and you have grown too much. Look you are taller than me." She said while standing on her toes.

"It has Daisy. Eight years to be exact. Why do you always stick your nose in wrong business." I asked her.

There was no use of crying over spilled milk. Daisy was dead and I couldn't do anything to save her. And there is no way I can bring her to life.

"Everything happens for a reason Gary. Maybe my death have something to do with future." She said but I sensed something in her voice.

Something hidden.

"What are you implying?" I carefully asked.

"My death was inevitable. There was nothing you could do to change it." She answered.

"Are you saying, your death was pre-planned." I asked her. The idea was far fetched but not impossible.

Ash told me a lot about his time travel in past with Dawn and Brock. There was a slight possibility that it could be true.

"You could say that." She answered as we walked toward the tree to sit under its shade.

"It is going over my head, can you explain it in easy words." I asked.