twelve

-

ALL that happened twelve years ago. two days after that night, hanma seems to have left without telling her and was now living as a fugitive.

the girl was left dumbfounded in his apartment by that fact as she sees a yellow note on the table.

"jerk. idiot. fucking asshole." she cussed out names as she punched the pillows in anger and sadness.

she head back to her apartment and decided to never think and talk about him ever again.

kanae then slowly went back to becoming an independent woman who puts more trust in herself about everything she does.

she forgets about him and was living a good life.

and all of that disappeared after the night where he surprisingly came back into her life just like that.

-

"kanae, you handle the orders." kou instructed as he hands her the notepad and pen. she nodded and walk her way to the first table closest to her.

the night, as usual, was crowded. customer going in and out of the ramen shop with a full stomach.

kou called for his friend for help, to which she willingly agreed. the two went to the back of the shop and was carrying boxes and boxes of beer into the building.

"you doing alright?" he asked as he walks out of the door to carry the others. she nodded and puts down the box in the room.

"if you're tired, just rest for abit."

"don't worry, kou. im a strong woman-"

and as clumsy as she could be, she tripped and almost fell, if it wasn't for him to save her. she thanked kou but was confused when she sees him standing far from where she was.

she looks behind and sees hanma standing there with his hands in his pockets, his cigarette between his lips.

"you're welcome.." he responded.

"mind if i help abit?" he continued to questioned, walking to the truck full of beer.

despite knowing how much kanae hates to have the guy around, kou couldn't help but let him help out since they needed more hands to carry the boxes into the supply room.

after all that, their shifts ended as well. the brunette claps her hands together for the dust to get off. she was about to walk back to the staff room to get her bag but her friend stopped her.

"i'll get our bags, you can wait here."

"but-"

"no no, you should rest." he gave her a reassuring smile before running into the building.

"nice guy. new type?"

just when she forgotten about him being around. she turns around and saw him glaring at the door where kou was.

its been a minute and the atmosphere was nothing but awkward suffocating silence.

finally, kou came out of the door with two bags in hand. he rushed to kanae and hands her the bag. he bid her a goodnight and rush off to somewhere, completely forgetting the thought of hanma being there as well.