nine

-

AFTER the events on october 31st, also known as bloody halloween, the two were at musashi shrine with the tokyo manji gang.

"hanma, you know damn well how much i hate eyes looking at me." she panicked as everyone in toman was looking at the two former valhalla members.

"don't worry, just wait for me here. i'll go now." he grinned before walking away while waving his hand at her.

as soon as the meeting ended, he walked to kanae with kisaki next to him. she smiles, putting her hands inside the pockets of her valhalla jacket.

just as they got a little further away from the shrine, hanma giggled.

"lets celebrate." he suggested, swinging his arms around kisaki and kanae's shoulder. she nodded as the faux blond only kept quiet.

-

"wearing the toman uniform takes quite alot of my energy." she complaints, adjusting her right sleeve.

"don't worry 'cause after today's meeting, we won't have to wear this anymore." he said, swinging an arm around her as they walk up the stairs to the shrine, where toman was.

as it ends, hanma made an effort to comfort kisaki after being kicked out of toman after what happened during christmas day.

the two decided to head out to eat. the dual haired told her to head home first if she wants to and she decided to walk to hanma's apartment.

she showered and wore his clothes, flopping her body onto his bed as she curls up.

confused, she couldn't tell if it was just her or that hanma seems to lessened his time with her and spent it mostly on kisaki.

"i mean kisaki is only using hanma.. yet hanma looks like he cared too much about the kid." she talked to no one but a wall beside her.

she groaned, covering her head with his shirt as she snored to sleep without realizing it.

-

kanae walks her way to a restaurant as she enters and sees hanma and kisaki already there. she helped herself to sit down as they start chatting.

leaving the place, kisaki went the other way as he left the couple alone for once. but he stopped and called for kanae, to which she turned behind.

a big package was thrown to her as she tries to catch it but hanma smoothly snatch it away before she could even land a hand on it.

"your tenjiku uniform!" he exclaimed before continuing to walk further from them.

the dual haired hands the bag and walked first, making her catch up to him from behind. she grabs his arm to let him know that he should slow down.

they only kept quiet but the silence was rather suffocating unlike their usual comforting one. she gulped before looking up at him, his yellow eyes looking at anywhere else but her.

"did i do something wrong?" she questioned, concern was heard in her voice.

silence surrounds them again.

"no. i don't think you have." he responded, side glancing at the girl beside him. "why?"

"well, you don't talk to me quite often nowadays and you barely come over to my place.." she said, a little hesitant to say it but there you go.

hanma hummed as they continue walking. again, that suffocating silence. it just keeps coming back. she doesn't like the feeling of it.

im sure i did a mistake.. i just have to remember what. she thought to herself, her grip on his jacket tightened. he noticed and held her hand with his free hand, making her look at him.

"don't hold on so tightly." he taps her hand before putitng his hand back to his side.

yeah, i definitely did something bad.. she continued thinking. as more of those negative thoughts run through her mind, her eyes seemed to have water welling up without her noticing.

until one dropped on the bag she was holding onto.

and more followed.

soft sobbing and sniffs were heard as he slowly looks down and sees her looking down to the concrete pathway. then he sees water dropping down to the floor.

"hey.." he stopped, turning her to his direction. he held her chin with his index finger and lifts her head up to see her face. his eyes widened to see her crying, red eyes glowing from the reflection of the lamp posts.

"w-why are you crying? what happened?" he continued asking the same questions, his eyebrows knitted together in worry.

all she did was sob and not answering him, hugging the bag tightly for some comfort.

without asking another question, he pulls her closer to him as he held onto her. his sudden embrace slightly startled her but calmed her down as well since the sobs were softer than before.

he continued holding her like that. the two appreciating the warmth they've got from each other, staying like that for awhile until she finally stopped crying.

hanma send her home, now standing infront of her doorstep. and before letting her go inside, he hugs her one last time. his head on her shoulder.

"i bought a bike so lets go out for a ride some time, mkay?" he whispered into her ear, his breath brushing her skin on her collarbone.

she flashed a small smile and pat his back, nodding.

"alright then, goodnight.. darling <3" her eyes slightlt widened at the sudden nickname.

"is it okay? or do you prefer something else?" she shook her head.

"then goodnight, hanma." he softly grunted, peeling himself away from her as he looks at her.

"you're suppose to say a nickname back." he whined. she laughed at him before saying it softly, loud enough for him to hear as he smiles.

she stopped him from walking away, cupping his cheek. she wiped what seemed like a trail of water on his cheek with her thumb.

he removed her hand away and bid her a 'see you'.

kanae walks into the apartment and as she was about to take it off, she felt her right shoulder damped.

-

chapter? short.
but im not.