six

-

"HANMA, im home. how did babysitting the cats go- hanma?" kanae reached home and surprisingly the place was quiet with taki and mai napping at their own corners.

she scans around the apartment to see no hanma. slightly worried but she thought he maybe head home for something so she wasn't bothered by much.

a week. it has been a week since she heard of that dual haired fellow.

she guessed that he might be sick so she went to his place but to no avail, no one answered the door. so she opened it herself with the spare keys that hanma gave her.

unfortunately, the male was nowhere even in his own apartment.

from there she searched the entire neighborhood and then the city. sadly, no signs of his presence. she sighed, tired of wondering where her friend go.

she decided to go to sleep after a long tiring day. all comfortable in her bed, she closes her eyes and dreams.

that was until she heard faint foot steps at the entrance, and as curious as she was, she decided to check it out.

swinging the door of her room open, a tall body toppled down onto her. quickly she stepped bed and thankfully landed on the bed on time. she tried to push him away and seems like he reeks of alcohol.

"sir, get off of me or i might need to-"

his head lifted up as he looks at her. her eyes widened at the familiarity of his face.

"hanma? what the hell happened to you- where have you been?" there were no response from the other figure, only quiet sobs.

tears streaming down his cheeks as he looks at her with the most miserable expression anyone has ever give.

not sure why but her heart seemed to have a crack when she sees his face.

"you stink of alcohol. did you go drink again-"

her lips were shut when he slams his own against hers. brown eyes widened, sitting still and not knowing what to do. the kiss was deepened as he presses his lips more.

kanae was only shock by what he was doing, grabbing his sleeves tightly. it seems to deepened more when he held her head from the back and push her closer.

now she decided to pull away, pushing him aside as his body stumble down to the wooden flooring.

"what the fuck, man?!" she exclaimed, wiping her lips before standing up. she breathed in and out to calm herself down.

she got closer to her friend as she squats down to look at him a little closer. she wipes his tears with her sleeve, kneeling down infront of him in the process.

all kanae could do was feeling clueless and concern, her friend was missing for a week and never contact her using anything.

and then just as she was about to remove her hand away from his face, hanma pulls her into an embrace. that doesn't really surprise her much since he has always been wrapping his arms around her very often.

"let me grab you a cup of water." she made an effort to escape but his arms tightened as her head rest on his shoulder.

he whispers in her ear, in a soft yet sad tone.

"are you going to leave me.. for him?"

"him? who's the him-"

"are you?" he repeats as he sniffs loudly everytime he says it.

the girl was confuse, of course. her tall friend came into her house, drunk, and act weird out of nowhere?

but when he continues to repeat himself, she softened up abit and slowly held his back. the two stay like that in silence for about a few seconds before kanae opens her mouth.

"i'll never leave you and thats a promise."

yellow eyes widened as she whispered those words to him, her hand brushing through his messy hair as comfort.

after a while of comforting each other, hanma was now asleep on her bed. the girl sat next to her bed as she looks at him, thinking about what just happened earlier.

"no way will i leave my first friend.. never." she whispered to herself as she continues looking at him, her head resting on the edge of the bed.

-

hanma woke up as a headache was immediately the first thing he got. he looks around the room he was in and it rather dark, seems like it was still late at night.

he then saw her sleeping, only her head was resting on the bed with her arm giving more comfort. the male looks at her before everything from earlier came back into his mind.

the dual haired male rubbed his face and groaned softly, realizing what he just did.

"hanma.." well, seems like she woke up as well.

she looks up to see him with his hands covering his face. she then decided to sit on her bed, next o where he was.

"kana-" her palm was on his forehead, probably checking if he had a fever or something. for some reason, his face turned red and he looks away.

and somehow, that reaction he made had her smiling abit.

later she settled next to him as she yawned, leaning her back against his own. she looks down to her legs, hugging them.

the two stays silent. hanma only looks at the door, nervous about what her opinion was to know that he kissed her all of sudden. kanae, on the other hand, was too tired to still think about it.

but then again, she turned around and cupped his face with her hand, turning his head to the side to face her.

that also made his heart skipped a beat and have him turned red but he was glad that the room was dark so she wouldn't be able to see it.

"be honest. do you like me?"

"huh-"

"its a simple yes or no question, hanma."

the guy did nothing but gulped, his face warming up more. and since she was holding his face, she felt the slight warmth.

"i do.." he replied, hesitant at first. his eyes looking away from her before she could even say anything.

unexpectedly, all she did was kiss his cheek before going back to leaning on his back. he then cupped the cheek that was kissed as he looks down with a face mixed of so much emotions.

"then im glad to hear that."

those exact words made his heart beat so fucking fast, he swore it was about to pop out.

later, kanae slept on the mattress as she invites hanma as well. despite being so awkward, he lays down beside her anyway.

now finally the morning came as the brunette woke up with her arms around his waist and her head resting on his back. she groaned softly, trying not to wake him up.

and as you know, she has gotta remember about what happened.

she pulled away, quickly sitting up and scratch her head. as usual she heads to the bathroom but as soon as she was about stand up, his hand grabs her wrist and pulls her back onto the bed.

"oi i need to.."

"just for a little longer."

she sighed as his arms were around her waist. she crossed her arms and stares up to the ceilings.

"thank you.." he whispered, smiling softly.