Chapter 16 Part 4

Start from the beginning

    “Let’s hurry up and study! Study!” She turned around and dragged her backpack over to the table and picked up the pile of books, “Um, I don’t understand this. Can you explain it to me?”

    Lisa: “…….”

    In the end, she laughed, didn’t ask further questions, and began to explain the topic where her finger was pointing.

    ***

    Apart from that time on Saturday, Jungkook went to Lisa’s grandpa’s house once more on Tuesday night. After the second acupuncture session, the headache that had tormented him for a week had improved significantly.

    Except, drinking Chinese medicine turned out to be the hardest thing.

    For French on Wednesday, he went to the library before class to print the PowerPoint. When he arrived at the classroom, Lisa still arrived earlier than him.

    The two have not seen each other since that day when they had a quick meal at a porridge restaurant. He wanted to talk with her on WeChat several times, but he gave up every time because he couldn’t come up with a topic.

    Finally….

    He could see her again.

    When Jungkook sat next to her, she was talking on the phone.

    He took a glance. She was on WeChat and should be sending voice message.

    “…… Mhm, mhm. Okay, no problem. Go, then. Do you have a classmate to accompany you?”

    “You have to pay attention to your safety, ah. Take care on the road.”

    “Okay, see you the day after tomorrow.”

    “……”

    The little girl’s voice was sweet and soft. She rarely seemed to speak to him in this tone.

    She seemed to have a good relationship with the person on the line….?

    He watched as Lisa swiped away from WeChat. She turned her head and was stunned for a moment when she saw him, then quickly returned to normal and greeted as usual, “Good morning, senior!”

    “…… Morning.”

    She didn’t speak again.

    After a while, Jungkook really couldn’t resist and turned his head to ask her: “Did you just…. send a voice message?”

    “Hmm?” Lisa thought for a moment before responding, “Yep, yep.”

    There was still some time before class and it wasn’t a big deal anyway. She explained without thinking much: “It’s the student that I’m tutoring. We had originally planned tutoring for tonight but they said last minute they had to go to the city’s basketball game, and told me they had to reschedule.”

    Moreover, listening to Eunha’s tone, she guessed that the boy she had mentioned last time would also be playing in the game.

    Thinking of Eunha’s infatuated appearance last time, she couldn’t help but smile.

    “Senior, is something wrong?”

    “…… Mm, nothing. Just…. asking.”

    Forty minutes after class started, it was breaktime.

    These past forty minutes, Jungkook’s mind has been continuously replaying her words.

    Basketball. It should be a boy.

    A high school boy. That she tutored.

    She asked if there was anyone with them.

    And that they should pay attention to their safety and be careful on the way.

    Her tone…. was also too….

    Jungkook felt that he replayed it too many times in his head and a buzzing sound began to drone in his ears.

    His tongue pressed against his upper jaw, and his left hand firmly pinched the bridge of his nose.

    “Lisa Manoban.”

    Hearing a familiar voice, Lisa immediately turned around, “Senior, what’s wrong?”

    Jungkook looked at her fixedly, “You….”

    He uttered a word, and then stopped.

    Lisa was puzzled, “I?”

    “Lisa.” He called her name again, “I can text fast.”

    “……?” Hm? Text?

    “I’ll teach you how to text, okay?”

    “………? “

    He suddenly lifted one hand and brushed back his hair. His expression was a little unnatural, and he averted his eyes.

    “You….”

    “Don’t send voice messages to other people.”

~~~
(Author (s) - Cherry Wine/车厘酒)