Chapter 4 Part 2

The class schedule for Lisa and her roommates were very regular.

  On Mondays, they took a class for their major, on Wednesdays they took an elective course, and on Thursdays and Fridays they took required courses1.

  The major course was in their department’s fixed classroom and had the least amount of people. The elective and common classes weren’t necessarily for a specific major so classes were mixed, and so the classrooms were spread out all over campus.

  “Lili.”

  Thursday afternoon, the two were on their way to the next classroom, when Jennie suddenly called out to her.

  Lisa tilted her head: “Hm?”

  “You remember we signed up for a club before, right?”

  “Ah, I remember.”

  During the military training last week, there were clubs recruiting new members. Between breaks, there were often two or three senior brothers and sisters campaigning. She was almost faint from the heat when Jennie dragged her so whatever they discussed, completely entered her ears as a muddleheaded mess.

  She only remembered that she ultimately seemed to have enrolled in some kind of music club.

  “Our two registration forms were filled out by me and I only jotted down my phone number for the both of us. I just received a text message saying that we can go get interviewed at 5 o’clock.”

  …… Interview?

  Lisa was puzzled: “To join a club…. We have to interview?”

  “Of course!” Jennie explained to her: “Although clubs have a lower threshold than the student union, you still can’t join by simply filling out a form.”

  She nodded: “Sure, let’s go after class.”

  After the last class, it was exactly 4:30.

  Jennie had a great sense of direction. In half a month’s time, she had mapped out in her head almost all the places where C University students often went. So after confirming the place, it didn’t take long to find the designated teaching building.

  The interview took place in the underground lecture hall.

  With the elevator dinged, the two walked out.

  Facing the exit of the elevator was a door that was wide open. A sign was stuck at the entrance, which read “Music Club Recruitment”.

  Behind the sign, was a hallway full of people lined up along the wall.

  The two walked to the end of the line.

  After standing for a short time, a person came over with a pile of papers and asked for their names, found their application forms and gave it to them.

  Lisa had just wanted to talk to Jenni—

  When an exceptionally shocking singing voice came from the classroom.

  It was a high-pitched, majestic and powerful female voice.

  Lisa listened silently for a while and found that she was singing “I love you, Korea”.

  The person inside sang for a short time, but the echoes resounded through the underground corridor.

  She lost all her confidence.

  This girl sang too well. It was practically the carbon copy of the opera singing she had heard during the Korea New Year’s Gala.

  Lisa’s heart beat like a drum.