Chapter 1- part 2

Her afternoon class finished a little after three o’clock. Lisa didn’t go back to the dormitory with her roommates, wanting to go check out the library.

  She fished out the campus map she had on her and confirmed how to get there again before leaving.

  C University was built many years ago. After several renovations, it not only retained the original ancient style, but there were lush plants everywhere, and many roads on campus were wide and open. From time to time, students and teachers passed by, and the sound of conversation and laughter was very fitting with the environment here.

  Lisa’s mood suddenly turned for the better.

  She was an easily satisfied person. Such a campus life, whether it was her classmates, teachers, or roommates, were all what she liked.

  After passing the bicycle rack where students parked their bicycles, she turned the corner and was the only one on the path.

  After a few more minutes of walking, there was the faint sound of rhythmic footsteps.

  She lifted her umbrella slightly upward to see the road ahead.

  Turning the corner was a tall person.

  It was a guy.

  He… was running.

  He looked good running, his speed very fast. He soon reached her side from the end of the path.

  The guy was wearing a white t-shirt. When he passed Lisa, it was like he brought a burst of strong breeze.

  There was a faint, nice smell in the air that she couldn’t place.

  She only caught a quick glimpse of his side profile that flitted by, and she could only confirm that his skin was very white.

  Because he ran so fast, she couldn’t see his features clearly.

  The guy ran for a while longer, Lisa couldn’t resist and looked over her shoulder.

  His back was still visible.

  She looked for a few seconds before turning back, and then looked down at herself.

  “..”

  How could people grow so tall?

  And their legs be so long?

  Ugh.

  Lisa’s mood sank for a moment, lamenting that all tall people were God’s favorite. She continued to walk with her short legs towards the library.

  Not even two steps later, she stopped again.

  She stepped on something under her foot, and it was hard.

  She retraced her steps and looked down.

  —It was a key.

  After picking it up, she looked around.

  Walking this path for a few minutes, except the tall boy who had just run past, she hadn’t met anyone else.

  Lisa frowned slightly in distress.

  The phone in her pocket suddenly rang and she took it out.

  It was Jennie.

  She called to ask Lisa to buy ice cream before going back to the dorm.

  After Lisa agreed to, she looked at the key in her hand and asked the person on the other end, “Jen, do you know if… there’s a lost and found place at school?”