Chapter 10 Part 2

After introducing herself, she patted the chair beside her: “Sister, come and sit!”

  “Hello.” Lisa walked over and sat down, putting her bag down.

  She looked at Eunha’s curious face, and also bent her lips into a smile: “My name is Lisa Manoban. I’m the tutor your parents found for you.”

  ……

  The tutoring went exceptionally well.

  Lisa started tutoring others in high school, and practically all of them were time-consuming and laborious to teach.

  But these few hours, she found that Eunha was not only smart, but also particularly obedient. Eunha’s personality also seemed to be very lively. The atmosphere the whole morning was very pleasant.

  After tutoring, she and Eunha exchanged WeChats. She took the subway for half an hour back to school.

  Lisa entered the dorm, about to turn back and close the doors when the phone in her pocket suddenly vibrated.

  She took it out of her pocket.

  Seeing the caller ID, she was instantly unable to move.

  Lisa gripped the phone, looked at the empty dormitory, pursed her lips and pressed the answer button.

  “Dad.”

  “Mm,” The man’s voice on the other end was as dull and detached as ever, “How’s it going, have you gotten a scholarship?”

  “……,” She stood under the doorway, looking down at her shoes, “Got one.”

  “Did you take it?”

  “Yes.”

  He immediately asked, “How much?”

  “Two thousand.”

  Lisa vaguely heard the man’s muttering, “…… Only that much….”

  “……” Her other hand unconsciously tugged at the book bag strap, twisting it tighter and tighter.

  “Then use it for this month first. I’ll call you next month to send living expenses.” The man’s tone was tinged with curtness, “Study hard, I’m hanging up.”

  “Mm, dad….”

  The “beep, beep” sound that entered her ear indicated that the other side had hung up.

  She silently swallowed the “goodbye”.

  Lisa calmly put away her phone and carried her school bag to her bedside. She put the clean clothes she had brought home to wash back in her closet.

  Then she sat on the bed with her head hanging low, dazed for a while.

  The bits of happiness after spending the weekend at her grandparents’ house, and this morning after meeting Eunha.

  All of a sudden, they seemed to have completely disappeared.

  Her heart was also particularly stuffy.

  Fortunately, I can continue to work as a tutor, she thought.

  -

  After the phone call with her father, Lisa’s spirits hadn’t been very high.

  She was detached from everything, and couldn’t muster up interest in anything.

  Until Wednesday.